!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Arduino controlled turntable  (Read 5907 times)

Offline Steve.T

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23237
    • Ebay
    • Awards
Re: Arduino controlled turntable
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2014, 03:53:10 PM »
Thanks Richard.  :thumbsup:
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

Steve

Offline Robin2

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 20089
    • Awards
Re: Arduino controlled turntable
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2014, 07:27:23 AM »
I only spotted this today. I'm a big Arduino fan. I had used PICs years ago and I'm sure there is little to choose technically between Atmel and Microchip products, but there is a huge amount of nearly instant support on the Arduino forum. I also love the fact that with an Arduino Uno you can just plug it into your PC with USB for programming and plug connectors directly into it for experiments. And once you have something working it's easy to build a cheap standalone version.

There are some extensive threads on turntables here
http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/78578-dcc-controlled-peco-turntable-project/
http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/76732-stepper-motor-turntable-drive/

I'm using Arduino type microcontrollers in my N Gauge battery powered radio controlled trains and I'm making an Arduino controlled train turntable/rotating fiddleyard.

...R

Please Support Us!
August Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: £60.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
August Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal