!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: My first N gauge layout 1200x750  (Read 3614 times)

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
Re: My first N gauge layout 1200x750
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2015, 10:17:11 AM »
Nice to see the curved backscene, as 90 degree corners can be a swine to disguise :thumbsup:
Regarding the passing loop on the outer line in the fiddle yard - if you swap the points over and make them the last part of the curve at each end you will gain a much longer loop and smoother entrance to it.

Offline Firefox

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2015, 11:44:40 AM »
Yes I need to improve that last road. It's set track on the curves so I'll have to cut into that, but it should be fine. I did try the RH points on the yard but due to the way the backscene works could only fit one in. It has improved it though!

Offline Firefox

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2015, 11:58:58 AM »
Interesting.

I think it's the first time I've seen the Peco curved points in use. The 14xx seems to cope with them very well.

Yes they are actually the compact ones meant for a crossover from 2nd to 3rd radius. They work well on a very compact layout, but have rather long insul frogs so loco wheels and pickups and track have to be in tiptop order. I  wanted to use electrofrogs but in the end the compact points for this kind of layout are not available in electrofrogs.

@paulsmith Yes an LMS Jinty the same ebay purchase one I mentioned in the repair your loco forum. It runs horribly, jumping and bouncing along the track due to a split gear, but have just ordered a worm puller and some new plastic 16 tooth gears, so hoping to repair this.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £105.55
Above Goal: £45.55
Site Currency: GBP
176% 
March Donations

Advertise Here
anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal