!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Two ends to the Shed  (Read 1670 times)

Offline longbridge

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Two ends to the Shed
« on: August 21, 2011, 04:10:44 AM »
I spent this week splitting my layout into two separate layouts, the original was 10ft x 5 ft and to be honest I seemed to loose interest in continuing with it, spent plenty of time involved with trains but hit a brick wall when it came to the layout. 

I removed the two centre sections and left the ends in tact, both end layouts are now 5ft x 3ft bi level setups, one end is a British freelance layout of a Heritage railway called "Cofton Hackett", my love for small steam locos got the better of me, the largest loco on the layout will be an 0-6-0.

The other end of the shed I will be modifying the existing layout into a freelance Heritage  American Railroad called "Santa Enscala Railroad, loosely based on Northern California, Oregon border region, this will be both a steam and diesel setup with the largest loco being an 0-6-6-0 Mallet.

I guess reading all the threads posted by forum members involved with American layouts encouraged me on to build yet another American layout.

If and when I finish these two there is still enough room in the shed for a small Japanese layout which happens to be my 3rd favorite railway system.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 07:28:58 AM by longbridge »
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Offline R31 Mark

• Awards
Re: Two ends to the Shed
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 07:08:46 AM »
Ooh interesting set up you've got there, No room for an Aussie layout i suppose then :smiley-laughing:. Keep up the good work!

Offline Alex

• Trade Count: (+13)
    • Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 08:40:55 AM »
Hi,

Nice to see another US layout being built :thumbsup:. Any piccies of your stock? How big's the shed?

Alex

Offline longbridge

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 09:11:19 AM »
Ooh interesting set up you've got there, No room for an Aussie layout i suppose then :smiley-laughing:. Keep up the good work!

Hi there Mark, I would love to build an Aussie N gauge layout but sadly being such a small market I believe the cost is to high (at least for Me), thanks for the reply.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Offline longbridge

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 09:22:08 AM »
Hi,

Nice to see another US layout being built :thumbsup:. Any piccies of your stock? How big's the shed?

Alex

Hi Alex thanks for the reply, the shed is quite small at 10ft x 5ft but now that I have split the layout in two I now have a decent working area.

Haven't got around to photographing the new American locos but I do have pictures that I got off the net, they all match what I purchased.

First is a Japanese MicroAce 1905 Baldwin Articulated loco.

Atlas RS1

Atlas GP7

Bachmann Spectrum F7A & B, supposed to have the most accurate nose available.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Offline Alex

• Trade Count: (+13)
    • Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 09:59:58 AM »
Hi oldrailbug,

I always liked US steam engines as they really look up for the job. I see Hattons are selling a 2-6-6-2 for 58. I just can't justify the need for one at the moment. :( or the cost

Alex

Offline Tank

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+30)
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 10:10:59 AM »
Looking good mate.  I like the hand painted background.

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2011, 11:24:51 AM »
Great stuff, Dave. It's hard to believe that's a shed when I look at mine ;D
Keep us posted on developments please :thumbsup:

Offline R31 Mark

• Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2011, 11:06:49 PM »

Hi there Mark, I would love to build an Aussie N gauge layout but sadly being such a small market I believe the cost is to high (at least for Me), thanks for the reply.
Price would be an issue for sure! :o. Would be hard to know where to start regardless of funds haha.

Offline longbridge

• Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2011, 04:35:34 AM »
You are right there Mark, I have a friend that just spent nearly $200 on a Atlas GP9 and then another $100 on an Australian National N Class body, its not just the locos that are expensive but rolling stock and other kits are way over the top compared with American or British gear, small market big prices.

OK for those that can afford it though because it sure looks good.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £15.00
Below Goal: £45.00
Site Currency: GBP
25% 
December Donations

Advertise Here
anything