!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Dapol 57xx Pannier Tank Loco  (Read 10663 times)

Offline DonH

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Dapol 57xx Pannier Tank Loco
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2013, 12:45:01 AM »
It's not about liking or disliking a particular brand for me, it is just that to date I have had more luck with the Dapols, sadly others have not. I really do like the look of the latest Farish steamers and I would love to have a green 2mt, but I just can't get either of the newer loco drive Farish engines I own to run anything like acceptable. (I will keep trying though).
I should do what you have done with your hall and return all defective units (whatever the brand) maybe if we all do that the manufacturers will start to have a better look at quality control.

Don

ParkeNd

« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2013, 12:49:04 AM »
Thanks Don. All very fair comment.

Offline longbow

• N Gauge Society Number: Yes
  • 2mm Association Number: Yes
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2017, 09:37:16 AM »
Worth noting that the slow running of my 57xx, like that of many other duff performers in my fleet, was dramatically improved by conversion to DCC using a CT DCX77zN decoder.

One thing I'm not clear on is whether Dapol have modelled any variations beyond early/late cab and whether these have been numbered correctly. My 57xx is BR #4607 but according to Wikipedia this should have the later cab and not the early cab as modelled. 

Please Support Us!
September Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: £44.00
Below Goal: £11.00
Site Currency: GBP
80% 
September Donations

anything