!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: 3D Class 128 Gloucester Parcels Body - NOW AVAILABLE  (Read 25356 times)

Offline red_death

• Revolution Trains
  • Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (+1)
    • DEMU - the society for Diesel & Electric modellers of all scales
    • Awards
Re: 3D Class 128 Gloucester Parcels Body - NOW AVAILABLE
« Reply #150 on: February 13, 2014, 02:35:11 PM »
That looks excellent in RM red - has anyone done one in the Express Parcels (Red Star?) livery:

I've been desperately trying to find a reason not to buy one (too many incomplete projects at the moment!), but so tempting.

Cheers, Mike

Offline EtchedPixels

• Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 16353
  • 2mm Association Number: 4412
    • Ebay
    • Google+
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Etched Pixels
    • Awards
« Reply #151 on: February 13, 2014, 03:48:06 PM »
Greetings,

Finally finished my 128. Being a Postie it had to be in RM livery.
(Sorry, but you are not allowed to access the gallery)

Gareth

Looks superb as always.

Mine is still waiting weather to paint that livery so I'm curious what decals you used or did you exercise your modelling superpowers and paint all the stripes by hand ?
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Online thebrighton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 11588
  • 2mm Association Number: 4483
    • Awards
« Reply #152 on: February 13, 2014, 06:37:02 PM »

Mine is still waiting weather to paint that livery so I'm curious what decals you used or did you exercise your modelling superpowers and paint all the stripes by hand ?

Hi Alan,
Fox transfers all the way. F2250 for the doors and F2251/1 for the rest. Pity you have to buy 2 different sheets especially as F2251/1 is for DMUs. You'd think it would include the door chevrons! OH warning flashes also from another sheet. The DMU sheet does, however, include Red Star logos.
The only other thing I did was remove the steps from the chassis solebar and replace them with micro strip under the new door positions. Looking at the photo I've not added any matt varnish to them yet!
Gareth

Offline Mirrlees

• N Gauge Society Number: 17765
    • Ebay
    • Facebook
    • PhotoBucket
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #153 on: February 14, 2014, 10:17:08 AM »
Greetings,

Finally finished my 128. Being a Postie it had to be in RM livery.

Gareth

I did a 00 one when I was 14.  It was my first conversion!  I am planning on doing a one these eventually  :bounce:
Tim Hitch
NGS Display Stand Manager

Offline ausman9000

• N Gauge Society Number: 12340
    • Awards
« Reply #154 on: February 15, 2014, 04:44:17 AM »
Hi all,  great to see the various liveries being produced. 

I have been trying to resolve a lighting issue with my BR Green version and I'm wondering if anyone can help?  I am interested in what all of you are doing about headlights and tail lights.  As noted in previous posts, I have made up a BR Green version and I used the head and tail leds that came with the chassis for lighting the headcodes.  I don't have much in the way of reference material available to me here in Adelaide but my understanding is that the version I have modeled did not have red tail lights (please correct me if this is wrong and it will solve my problem!!).  The issue I'm facing is that, as far as I can tell, the wiring on the Dapol chassis is such that I cannot independently turn off the red tail lighting from the front headlights.  Ideally I'd like to not have the red tail lights on.  Has this been an issue for anyone else and, if so, how did you resolve it?
 I have a Zimo sound decoder installed but have not been able to find a way to turn off the tail lights without turning off the front lights.  I hope all of that makes sense!

Cheers and thanks,

Bryan.

Offline PaulCheffus

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 4575
  • 2mm Association Number: 4172
    • Awards
« Reply #155 on: February 15, 2014, 07:45:50 AM »
Hi all,  great to see the various liveries being produced. 

I have been trying to resolve a lighting issue with my BR Green version and I'm wondering if anyone can help?  I am interested in what all of you are doing about headlights and tail lights.  As noted in previous posts, I have made up a BR Green version and I used the head and tail leds that came with the chassis for lighting the headcodes.  I don't have much in the way of reference material available to me here in Adelaide but my understanding is that the version I have modeled did not have red tail lights (please correct me if this is wrong and it will solve my problem!!).  The issue I'm facing is that, as far as I can tell, the wiring on the Dapol chassis is such that I cannot independently turn off the red tail lighting from the front headlights.  Ideally I'd like to not have the red tail lights on.  Has this been an issue for anyone else and, if so, how did you resolve it?
 I have a Zimo sound decoder installed but have not been able to find a way to turn off the tail lights without turning off the front lights.  I hope all of that makes sense!

Cheers and thanks,

Bryan.

Hi

You need.a four function decoder if you want independant control of the front and rear lights plus a rewire of the lighting circuit.

I believe the red lights were a later edition as the units I saw in the 70s and 80s had a separate tail lamp.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Offline Only Me

• Western Destroyer
  • NGF Technician
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23206
  • Loco Repairs - Direct message me
    • Northants & Cambs Area Group of the NGS
    • Awards
« Reply #156 on: February 15, 2014, 08:18:03 AM »
Yep as Paul rightly says the early versions had a tail lamp.  You would need to throw away the Dapol dcc socket and hard wire in a four function decoder which is pretty simple to do. As all wires go onto the bottom of the pcb so just a case of re soldering.

Offline Only Me

• Western Destroyer
  • NGF Technician
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23206
  • Loco Repairs - Direct message me
    • Northants & Cambs Area Group of the NGS
    • Awards
« Reply #157 on: February 20, 2014, 08:28:53 PM »
Somewhere near Wolverhampton waiting for a signal!!

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #158 on: February 20, 2014, 09:02:49 PM »
Somewhere near Wolverhampton waiting for a signal!!

Very nice. I also like the cable troughing; very nicely done, too.

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £52.00
Below Goal: £48.00
Site Currency: GBP
52% 
June Donations

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal