!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Cemaes Bay  (Read 6556 times)

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Cemaes Bay
« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2019, 08:39:16 PM »
Thanks for those photos.
I really like the final one and I think the backscene works extremely well from that angle. I share your concerns re the field however , as is evident in your third photo. Would a row of bushes or saplings planted immediately in front of the backscene help to take the eye from the field?
If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Offline Rowlie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 20349
  • 2mm Association Number: 4846
    • Awards
Re: Cemaes Bay
« Reply #76 on: April 22, 2019, 09:04:20 PM »
Hi Port Perran, definitely needs something at the entrance end of the station, to make that more convincing. Trees and various shrubs will work well towards the signal box. I was wondering about some form of decoupage or low relief, I don't have too much space between the station and the back scene. The more drastic approach will be to remodel that end of the station so that the entrance was at an angle going out onto a station car park (which only needs to be small), which would be then fenced and bushed on the backscene side. I just didn't think that part of the layout through when I put the station together.

Please Support Us!
September Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: £30.00
Below Goal: £25.00
Site Currency: GBP
55% 
September Donations

anything