!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Building card kits  (Read 3715 times)

Offline Croxy

• Trade Count: (0)
    • YouTube
    • Awards
Re: Building card kits
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2016, 04:35:56 PM »
I've turned to vaping and all you need to clean it out is water....just fill up the container and "squirt" the water through it........

If you like it run it......

Offline Ian Morton

• Ebay
    • Modelscape
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2016, 05:08:02 PM »
Well I used to smoke in bed, until I switched to Vaseline 😁
Yes, it is very difficult to get vaseline to ignite.  ;D

Offline AGR-Shed-Enderby

• Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2016, 08:55:05 PM »
I haven't touched a smoke since 18th Jan this year, Dave :no:. The day before the op. There are still times I could murder someone for one, though :worried:
@daveg

The first couple of years after I quit, I was still patting my pockets before I went out, to make sure I had my cigarettes and lighter. You never really give up, it's just a long time between drags.

I stopped smoking my 15 a day in 1980 (Not one drag since) and could really fancy a smoke right now! I'm not kidding!

Offline c00lh4nd

• Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2018, 07:08:25 PM »
If you want to avoid the expense then a pack of 10 metal needle tip applicators for 5.99

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0749QHM5F/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have been using one with UHU glue in for my Metcalffe card models and they are good. One slight issue is you have to provide your own pin to keep the tip clear of hardened glue

C00lh4nd

Offline Zogbert Splod

• N Gauge Society Number: 25518
    • Zog Trains
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2018, 09:30:39 PM »
I've used a bit of blutack to seal a glue bottle in the past.  It works for a few times before having to be chucked and replaced.
"When in trouble, when in doubt, run (trains) in circles..." etc.
There, doesn't that feel better? 
Lovely!

Planning thread:
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=25873.0

My website: Zog Trains

Run what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law
I may appear to be listening to you, but inside my head, I'm playing with my trains.

Online Paul-H

• N Gauge Society Number: 27678
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2018, 09:58:22 PM »
Gaugemaster sell something very similar to the one in the OP and my local art supply shop, know locally for how expensive it is (8.99 for a bottle of white spirit) seller them at a lower price.

Talking of smoking, I gave up my 60 a day habit, the day Denis Healy put them up to a 1 a packet, and I still find myself staring at them in the shop. But not at 10 a packet, why do anyone still smoke at that price.?
Please excuse any poor spelling, I am Dyslexic, just think yourself lucky if you can actually read what I typed.

All tiepin as bean spell chequed on mi Pea Sea

Offline cycletrak9

• Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2018, 10:37:58 PM »
Sorry to hear that Finetip have ceased trading - I bought one when I started to use Scalescenes kits and I wouldn't be without it. I'm sure that there will be other products to fill the gap. All the craft websites seem to list similar similar items.

Offline Jerry Howlett

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 11284
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2018, 12:20:31 PM »
My "Finetip" bottle finally expired in January after many years of faithful use. The Bottle actually split and despite copious amounts of Gaffer tape it was a goner.  I then ordered the Metcalfe "set of 3" empty bottles from Hattons.  Well that became a saga as firstly it couldn't be delivered to Italy as it was in their liquid category, then after an email a courier was found who could deliver these dangerous objects for 14 !!!, finally a grown up at Hattons saw sense and they were sent normal post.  Sadly the pins are not a patch on the old pearl topped ones.  I think I got carried away with this post.   :dighole:

Jerry
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £307.00
Above Goal: £252.00
Site Currency: GBP
558% 
December Donations

Advertise Here
anything