!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Dapol M7 Southern 0-4-4  (Read 9501 times)

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
Re: Dapol M7 Southern 0-4-4
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2015, 10:26:03 AM »
The pre-orders are still 53 for the standard models and 57 for the weathered ones. I have not heard anything about them being redesigned. I am pretty certain this is just Dapol keeping the funds ticking over with reruns of older locos.

Unless they're not prepared to wait why would anyone pay over 80 when they can pre-order at 57? ???
I can only assume they'd be concerned Dapol would not do another run :hmmm:

Offline N-Gauge-US

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26208
  • British N-gauge N-thusiast from the US
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2015, 10:28:54 AM »
The pre-orders are still 53 for the standard models and 57 for the weathered ones. I have not heard anything about them being redesigned. I am pretty certain this is just Dapol keeping the funds ticking over with reruns of older locos.

Unless they're not prepared to wait why would anyone pay over 80 when they can pre-order at 57? ???
I can only assume they'd be concerned Dapol would not do another run :hmmm:

So this morning the M7 is back on Dapol's site.... Wonder if the hattons ones will drop as you can now buy an SR M7 NEW cheaper from Dapol than used hattons (a rare occurance!)
Check out Avondale - My heritage railway themed layout :)

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29371.0

Offline Karhedron

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 19444
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2015, 10:35:42 AM »
So this morning the M7 is back on Dapol's site.... Wonder if the hattons ones will drop as you can now buy an SR M7 NEW cheaper from Dapol than used hattons (a rare occurance!)

I think they already have.

http://www.ehattons.com/75168/Dapol_2S_016_001_Class_M7_0_4_4_in_Southern_Railway_green/StockDetail.aspx
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Offline Les1952

• N Gauge Society Number: 9060
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2015, 11:34:01 PM »

I think they already have.

http://www.ehattons.com/75168/Dapol_2S_016_001_Class_M7_0_4_4_in_Southern_Railway_green/StockDetail.aspx

Ah yes, they are selling NEW M7s at 53 (or thereabouts), but if you really want you can have a secondhand one with missing box sleeve for a mere 84, or 85 if you really must have that sleeve...

Les

Offline kerrcophony

• Awards
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2020, 07:01:16 PM »
Did I dream it or are these being reissued?  I've always had a soft spot for the M7 - a weird kind of design.  I think I first came across it in the Triang catalogue back when I was a lad.
I get a bit delayed in the Waiting Room

Offline bridgiesimon

• N Gauge Society Number: 12318
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2020, 08:12:53 PM »
Not that I have heard, would be interesting especially if they updated it so it ran better. Sorry getting a little too hopeful there. Back to reality - IIRC last time they did a re-release it was something to do with having loads of bits etc, although several years later that original runs, they were identical with no updates, the reason I did not get one.

Although visually they are superb, I never managed to get one that ran properly - 0-100 MPH!

Best wishes
Simon

Offline Capri_sam

• Awards
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2020, 08:47:54 PM »
It's 'in the pipeline' with a new DCC ready chassis, but will be a couple of years yet, once they've worked through the rest of the backlog.

Offline Mr Sprue

• Awards
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2020, 08:52:11 PM »
Thankfully I have seven of them of which 4 are new (mint) and 3 are donors. But if they came available again I would buy more!

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2020, 09:23:05 PM »
Thankfully I have seven of them of which 4 are new (mint) and 3 are donors. But if they came available again I would buy more!

But then they'd be M8, M9 etc. :confused2:

Offline Mr Sprue

• Awards
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2020, 09:40:24 PM »

But then they'd be M8, M9 etc. :confused2:

LOL.. No Mick I want to build some O2's hence the donor chassis. The new ones are for a planned typical southern type layout that us southern types model dane ere!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £45.00
Below Goal: £15.00
Site Currency: GBP
75% 
April Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal