Etched Pixels/Ultima new items for 2014

Started by EtchedPixels, September 07, 2013, 11:26:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EtchedPixels

Seems today is the right day to do the announcement  :D

GWR M11 70ft stowage van
    3D printed bodyshell, pre-printed sides in early GWR livery, or etched sides for those painting in the later plainer liveries. In what I believe is a first for N gauge the later etches will capture the state of the panelling on these vehicles in post war days including missing/replaced panelling.

GWR K38 57ft 'Ocean Mails' van
    3D printed body shell, pre-printed sides in early GWR livery with 'Ocean Mails' branding. Etched sides for painting later plainer liveries.

GWR Clerestory Stock
    3D printed body shell, pre-printed sides in GWR liveries.

BR(W) A44 Flat ended 57ft autocoach
    3D printed body shell, etched sides and ends.

GWR shunters truck (7ft wheelbase)
    A quick and cheap shunters truck as a one piece 3D print to fit a slightly cut down Peco brake van chassis along with etched rails.

LMS (ex LNWR) six wheel chassis
    An etched fold up and glue chassis to allow the LMS CCT to be built with the other common chassis that was used.

LMS (ex LNWR) six wheel coaches
    3D printed shell to fit the LNWR chassis, etched sides. LNWR printed sides may be available depending upon how difficult they are to get to look right, and how the resulting kit looks.

Revised LMS 69ft sleeper
    With improved profile and end detailing.

Caledonian Railway Refrigerated Van
    One part 3D print for Peco chassis.

LNER Gresley era coaches
    The exact models to be produced are still being finalised and the choice depends upon a possible commission still being discussed but it will probably be one of either the Silver Jubilee coaches or Tourist stock.

SECR/SR high ended open wagon (rounded ends)
    3D print to drop onto a Peco chassis

WIA car carrier
    3D printed WIA car carrier including bogies and correct small sized wheels

There are some other items planned subject to time and space for commissioned projects.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

zwilnik

Ooh, that's a good list. Especially like the idea of the 'worn' stock.

Any idea what sort of price range they're going to be?

EtchedPixels

The four wheel wagons I'd hope under a tenner, the WIA currently looks as if it'll come in at about £60-70 a set including wheels/bogies. The coaches its too early to be sure yet.

(and all of this with the 3D print also depends a lot on what the £ v â,¬ does and what Shapeways pricing changes look like)

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

GerryB

Excellent news on the GWR front, Alan. Something to look forward to. :thankyousign: :thankyousign:

Regards

Gerry

MikeDunn

Quote from: EtchedPixels on September 07, 2013, 11:26:05 AM
LNER Gresley era coaches
About time you got to the decent railway  :D

The exact models to be produced are still being finalised and the choice depends upon a possible commission still being discussed but it will probably be one of either the Silver Jubilee coaches or Tourist stock.
SJs ... in N ...

:jawdropping:  :jawdropping:  :jawdropping:  :jawdropping:  :jawdropping:
Me want, me want !!!

Assuming you do, any idea on timescales & costs ?

EtchedPixels

Quote from: MikeDunn on September 07, 2013, 04:11:55 PM
SJs ... in N ...

:jawdropping:  :jawdropping:  :jawdropping:  :jawdropping:  :jawdropping:
Me want, me want !!!

Assuming you do, any idea on timescales & costs ?

Owwww  ;)

The numbers we are kicking around are of the order of £6-700 a set (including bogies/coach interiors) for 5-10 sets. This is one reason why its still under considerable discussion !

The tourist stock on the other hand doesn't need to come in such a big set, have less awkward bits, and they have a lot of commonality between vehicles as well as few "special" details - mostly that the North East area ones had extra beer storage !

MikeDunn

Ouch :(  That's a lot more than I'm paying for my brass OO set I'm constructing ... near on double :(

Vanders

Hmmm, now could I get away with an LMS six-wheeler as a gang coach in a late 60's engineers train?

Yes. Yes I could. :D

EtchedPixels

Mike - the problem is the 5-10. N is a small market.

red_death

Looking forward to the Arbel WIAs!

Cheers, Mike

OwL

Remind me Alan, as my wagon recognition skills are poor. Are those WIA wagons the blue 'poly-tunnel' car carriers on rails?

I would like some of these, so thanks for the announcement :thumbsup:

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

GrahamB

I may well be interested in the GWR Clerestory Stock. When did they finally leave regular service?
Tonbridge MRC Member.
My Southwark Bridge thread can be found at https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38683.0
My Southwark Bridge website can be found at https://southwarkbridge.wixsite.com/ngauge

moogle

The 6w chassis has certainly got my interest.  :thumbsup:
I wonder what the length/wheelbase is?
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

red_death

Quote from: OwL on September 08, 2013, 11:56:43 PM
Are those WIA wagons the blue 'poly-tunnel' car carriers on rails?

Hi Owl

Yes, that's right.

Cheers, Mike

EtchedPixels

Quote from: GrahamB on September 09, 2013, 08:22:02 AM
I may well be interested in the GWR Clerestory Stock. When did they finally leave regular service?

1930s for some of the later design. Odd ones hung around far longer with some of the C10s managing to survive into the 1950s a few then becoming departmental stock. There are a few Dean clerestories at Didcot, one fully restored.

There is also one "oddity" set - the Glyncorrwg miners train (see the back of the GWR autocoach book). That was a three coach trailer set formed of Clerestory stock until scrapping in 1957.

Quote from: Moogle
The 6w chassis has certainly got my interest.  :thumbsup:
I wonder what the length/wheelbase is?

30'1" with 10ft between the axle centres.

Alan

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £0.00
Below Goal: £100.00
Site Currency: GBP
 0%