New Server: Thank you for your patience. We moved to our new server. Everything should be back to normal EXCEPT for the Gallery. We will have that restored shortly and will make an announcement. If you see something that is not working please report it here: Server Upgrade.

!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Buying from Japan  (Read 3267 times)

Offline RHEINGOLD

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Ebay
    • Awards
Re: Buying from Japan
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2014, 07:03:39 PM »
It was about 130 all in,had a full Japanese Customs declaration etc form on the front of the package giving the weight and price etc.,so maybe I was lucky.
Thanks for the warning for the future about buying from Japan though.
Les
Rheingold

Offline trainsdownunder

• Sadly Passed Away
  • Trade Count: (+5)
    • Awards
Re: Buying from Japan
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2014, 08:05:52 PM »
Apart from the cost of the item and very reasonable postage/package costs I didn't have to pay anything else.

No guarantee it won't happen next time. Custom charges are a bit of a lottery as to whether they get applied or not. I had stuff "uncharged" and "charged" from same suppliers all over the wirld whilst living in the UK. No such problem in OZ - customs limit starts at around $10K I believe,

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £120.00
Above Goal: £65.00
Site Currency: GBP
218% 
December Donations

Advertise Here