!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Milton Yard V2.3  (Read 76968 times)

Offline Fratton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23974
  • 2mm Association Number: 4766
    • Facebook
    • Awards
Re: Milton Yard V2.3
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2011, 03:30:01 PM »
little bit more work done yesterday and today, despite a 7 day week trying its best to give me no time in the shed,

my class 08 is chipped tested and running ive made some more trees which im pleased with the size of but not the trunk length and thicknes so might do some tweaking on them,,,,

« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 01:43:52 AM by Fratton »
Charlie.

Offline Fratton

• Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2011, 05:16:02 PM »
this was a sod but got it done and sorted a quartering problem that had it bouncing along the rails,,,,,,

im still having a host of problems with my 37, it just doesnt want to be chipped i think,,,,,
Charlie.

Offline Fratton

• Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2011, 08:50:46 PM »
Owing to a whitness stand appearance in court that took half the time i was expecting i had an afternoon/evening in the shed today doing a little bit of landscaping

The land around the tunnel mouths is raising up, im making the lid removable so will devise a way to hide the line at the front where the lid is,
the height will be another layer of poly board high, inside there are cardboard walls separating the lines trying to block out as much light as possible,

This white splodge hiding in the corner is the embankment that is beyond the scenic break but viewable up the line from the station so im including it,,,

long view of the sidings and the tunnel portals,,

And i have been turning bits of wire and string like these,,,,,

Into these

I think i have eliminated all the possibles with my class 37 and its reluctance to be chipped, a new chip and harness coming at the weekend and then i shall get it completed,

my only head scratcher is where im going to source my code 40 rail for the juice rail may get some pre weathered from the states or pull my wallet out and get me a 2mm association membership
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 01:44:13 AM by Fratton »
Charlie.

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2011, 09:28:19 PM »
Coming on a treat - nice work with the trees :thumbsup:

Offline polo2k

• Trade Count: (+1)
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2011, 09:30:39 PM »
there is a model show in swindon called westons (its in a place called studley grange) I believe he has code 40 in stock at the mo
Cheers
-Ash-

The only way to guarantee failure, is not to try

Offline castaway

• Awards
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2011, 09:00:19 PM »
Hi, re the trees. I tried the method in the Railway Modeller and although I was pleasantly surprised by the results yours have turned out much better. I think I'll have another go to try get a more 'tree' like shape instead of a blob on a stick but can I ask what 'green material' you used to cover yours with, thanks

Offline EtchedPixels

• Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 16353
  • 2mm Association Number: 4412
    • Ebay
    • Google+
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Etched Pixels
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2011, 09:28:46 PM »
my only head scratcher is where im going to source my code 40 rail for the juice rail may get some pre weathered from the states or pull my wallet out and get me a 2mm association membership

Go on you know you want to. Or full bullhead try marcwya (www.smpscaleway.com)
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Offline Fratton

• Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2011, 01:53:33 PM »
made some N brass loco's dummy signals, they need a bit of tweeking paint wise and the feather lights painted on are too big and too few but they are looking good, and some tarnished old buffers for the sidings,,,,

« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 01:37:36 AM by Fratton »
Charlie.

Offline Chris

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 20957
    • Ebay
    • Google+
    • YouTube
    • My layout photos on Flickr
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2011, 01:58:42 PM »
Great work so far.

Offline Fratton

• Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2011, 05:34:33 PM »
Hi, re the trees. I tried the method in the Railway Modeller and although I was pleasantly surprised by the results yours have turned out much better. I think I'll have another go to try get a more 'tree' like shape instead of a blob on a stick but can I ask what 'green material' you used to cover yours with, thanks

the stuff i used was from squires tools im not sure of the brand  i think it was green scenes, its actually a mix of natural green summer green and a green that looked a touch luminous, but all mixed together they give i good mix of colour for tree's,,,,
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 02:35:27 PM by Fratton »
Charlie.

Offline castaway

• Awards
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2011, 05:46:05 PM »
Thanks, I'll try again. Great looking layout, I look forward yo following it's progress

Offline Fratton

• Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2011, 03:27:05 PM »
well i found the problem with my class 37 and it was the chip and not my conversion job, new chipped plugged into the harness and ran emmediately today. got 4 locos running at the same time today which i think will take some getting used to!!!!!

« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 01:37:52 AM by Fratton »
Charlie.

Offline Fratton

• Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2011, 05:12:43 PM »
Have had a post christmas running session today while the mrs and my boy spend the day at her friends surrounded by excited kids (you can see why i opted for shed time instead!)

but before i did i had a bit of tinkering and installed two of Dapols new coupling magnets in the sidings and i have to say im really happy with them they fade away the further your point of view is and i recon some plasticard sleepers ontop might help mask it some more, the couplers work great and i test ran them on my 08 and my new seacow (first of many i hope) and i also fit them to my class47 and the lead coach of my mk3 rake and i have had none of the previous decoupling problems  :thumbsup:

i got a nearly N gauge farish bus and a level crossing that i have informally placed but will be fixing down soon

and my main present this year my 4-CEP got a run it and i am massively pleased by this,,,,,,, i had initially set it up with the short coupling but found that even on straight track the couplings couldnt mess so i have gone one short one long on each meeting and it looks fab,,,,, running is in one direction so no issues with the lighting for me, and i havent stuck a decoder in the tail at the moment because i dont mind the ever present rear headcode blank, running wise its beatuifuly quiet in both directions and smooth as a baby's bum

« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 01:38:14 AM by Fratton »
Charlie.

Offline Tank

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+30)
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2011, 06:25:28 PM »
Great photo's Fratton.  The layout is coming together, and the additions look the part. :thumbsup: :Class414:

Offline Mustermark

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 19989
  • Ex-pat Brit in Maryland
    • Mark's Model Railway
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2011, 06:44:59 PM »
That's looking really good. I love the bus - it's such a shame they are on the small side.

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

Please Support Us!
January Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Jan 31
Total Receipts: £80.00
Above Goal: £20.00
Site Currency: GBP
133% 
January Donations

Advertise Here
anything