!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Milton Yard V2.3  (Read 83009 times)

Offline Zebra

• Trade Count: (+1)
    • Awards
Re: Milton Yard V2.3
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2011, 01:14:11 PM »
Looks just like concrete.
Patience well rewarded I think.

Steve.

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2011, 05:29:53 PM »
Your dedication to this is really paying off - it looks excellent :thumbsup:

Offline Fratton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23974
  • 2mm Association Number: 4766
    • Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2011, 03:16:35 PM »
Purchased a nice second hand camera off ebay today and thought i'd give it a bash in the shed today,,,

Old and new,,, DCC class 47 next to an old farish 50 that if i cant source a replacement motor and get it run in for converting will be a static model only

My unpowered VEP enters the yard entry unlikely even when the layout is finished as this section will not have any 3rd rail but looks not bad for a photo,

My derilict brake van, the interior needs a dab of paint to stop the print on the opposite side being visible and the underframe needs something as its not very flash friendly,,

The VEP rounds the goods line, again wont be third rail supplied

in this last photo of the VEP sitting in the EMU stabling siding (well what will be) you can see the smeared on concrete paint that is going to form the rough road and yard for a perminent way crew, maybe even a portacabin or two!!

« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 01:42:19 AM by Fratton »
Charlie.

Offline Lawrence

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • N Gauge Society Number: Closed
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2011, 06:48:07 PM »
Some rust coloured crushed artist pastels stuck on would sort out that underframe mate.
...and I do like that big shed too  ;D

Offline Tank

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+30)
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2011, 09:34:46 AM »
The carriage looks great!  Do you plan to power the VEP in the future?

Offline Fratton

• Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2011, 05:42:40 PM »
well i have loosely secured the shell to the body so its a possibility in the future, wish someone would create a mk1 motorised chassis like someone has done i 00 gauge,,, i'd buy a few thats for sure,,,,,,
Charlie.

Offline captainelectra

• Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (+7)
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Electra Rail
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2011, 07:42:35 PM »
The Farish 150 chassis should be a good fit for the VEP. I wonder if we could persuade Dapol to release their 121 chassis as a stand-alone item? With its low-sling motor, it would be ideal for EMUs.

Edit: I have asked the question on Dapol's Facebook page. Be interesting to see the response.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 07:51:44 PM by captainelectra »
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Electra Rail
Peterborough, UK
http://www.electrarail.co.uk
Flick Site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/27017199@N07/

Offline longbridge

• Awards
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2011, 08:49:42 PM »
Layouts coming along great and like the others I love that rusty old coach :thumbsup:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Offline Fratton

• Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2011, 01:24:36 PM »
with winter closing in most of my work has been insuring that the sheds walls have retrancted well and covered the gaps that the summer heat brought out, all is sealed and there is no real sign of damp through the last wet week which is good, with a bit of sealing hoovering up the summers dust and rubbish and my shed and milton yard are ready for the winter,,,

I have been doing some work on milton yard, mainly a slow process of ballasting and some grass going down, have to make the scenic tray that will go in the back yet then there will be no leaning over to sort things,,,

now for christmas to gather materials and hopefully some stock ready for spring, i will still do the odd bit of work when its dry as my lighting actually keeps the shed at a good temprature and i dont mind the cold much its just finding the time when it is dry,,,,

here's some pics of where my layout is at currently, the station end hasnt really changed,,,,

« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 01:42:43 AM by Fratton »
Charlie.

Offline EtchedPixels

• Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 16353
  • 2mm Association Number: 4412
    • Ebay
    • Google+
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Etched Pixels
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2011, 03:14:32 PM »
well i have loosely secured the shell to the body so its a possibility in the future, wish someone would create a mk1 motorised chassis like someone has done i 00 gauge,,, i'd buy a few thats for sure,,,,,,

There are a few choices for that.

Bernard (TPM) does a kit for turning one of the US locos into a DMU/EMU motorising unit to fit either Mark 1 or Mark 3 coaches. Some assembly required and some careful plasticard cutting

There are some Japanese chassis that fit although the bogies are a bit wrong and the wheels undersized. Pretty much RTR although you need to find the right chassis to at least get a sensible bogie length.

You can also abuse the Farish class 20 chassis. Take one bogie off and drive on end only. Some fiddling needed (swap the wheels with DMU wheels form BR Lines, fit pickups the other end) but will drive most things.

The 150 chassis fits a Mark 1 coach beautifully (just checked) but its a bit pricy still.

For 57' stock the old 101 DMU chassis fits the Mark 1 BG nicely (good way to make a motor unit for an unpowered loco)
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Offline longbridge

• Awards
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2011, 07:32:35 PM »
Nice to hear you got the shed watertight and cleaned up, its always nice to make a fresh start so enjoy the layout and keep us posted with photos :thumbsup:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Offline Fratton

• Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2011, 03:14:34 PM »
Heres a few extra NGF exclusive piccies i took today while doing some odds and sods,,,

Mainly getting perspective for the newly planted tree that will be joined by 4-5 others in that section trying to guage if the hight is right and i thinkk it is,,,, (after clipping 1cm off the trunk)

And lastly a shot of the whole shed,,,,, (which i could have sworn i spent an hour cleaning last week,,, ??? ??? ??? )
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 01:43:11 AM by Fratton »
Charlie.

Offline Tank

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+30)
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2011, 03:30:18 PM »
Superb!  I love that coach you have done...I really am going to have to send you one of mine to weather!   ;D

Offline Fratton

• Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2011, 12:27:15 PM »

The 150 chassis fits a Mark 1 coach beautifully (just checked) but its a bit pricy still.

:thumbsup: Watch this space,,, need to get mouse batterys and will make a post later,,,,,,, (using an iphone app as a mouse til i go out)

i had a 150 from my first set pack the mrs bought me the tops numbers and the sprinter logo got smudged,,,,

needless to say i have a small cut on my left index fingers but some piccies to show later,,,,,,,,,

Charlie.

Offline Fratton

• Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2011, 02:13:36 PM »
following a repley on my layout thread i realised i already had a motor chassis for my emu project

I already have one thats seen better days cosmeticly but runs like a dream, so out came the scalpel

Ignore the bogies, a modified bogie with the 150's wheelset and pickups will be on the dummy end and some cosmetic bogie outers for the motor end,,,,

theres a height variance but it looks easy enough to overcome,,,

thankyou etchedpixels for the inspiration i will be fitting truss rods and modified bogies soon and will post pics of my progress
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 01:43:39 AM by Fratton »
Charlie.

Please Support Us!
August Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: £60.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
August Donations

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal