New Server: Thank you for your patience. We moved to our new server. Everything should be back to normal EXCEPT for the Gallery. We will have that restored shortly and will make an announcement. If you see something that is not working please report it here: Server Upgrade.

!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Bachmann EZ Track System , Anyone use it ?  (Read 1144 times)

Offline Fifer

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Fifer Hobby Supply
    • Awards
Bachmann EZ Track System , Anyone use it ?
« on: May 10, 2013, 08:21:38 PM »
We are just curious as the system looks pretty well made and seems to have quite a few parts available.
Any thoughts?

Mike
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life.
 When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
 I wrote ‘happy’.
They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
 -- John Lennon

Offline scotsoft

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Scottish n' Newcastle
    • YouTube
    • Awards
Re: Bachmann EZ Track System , Anyone use it ?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 11:04:40 PM »
I did consider the Bachmann system but chose Kato so cannot help you out Mike.

cheers John.

Offline trainsdownunder

• Sadly Passed Away
  • Trade Count: (+5)
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 01:58:43 AM »
Had a few pieces when I started out (small oval) but then bought Kato as I liked the turnouts and it had received such good reports.

The Bachmann stuff I had was fine though.

Offline oreamnos

• N Gauge Society Number: 17217
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 05:29:00 AM »
Avoid it like the plague.  It is rubbish and poorly made.  Seriously.  Here in the States it is markedly more expensive than Kato Unitrack but it is also mysteriously markedly inferior in quality, appearance, durability and overall sophistication.  You will quickly find the Bachmann product is very limited in the variety of curve radius compared to Kato.  Also, the track geometry is not well thought out and in order to make things fit for a layout you have to buy special pieces at silly prices - that's why there are all the different parts that you noticed.

I got a starter oval of track (which was admittedly fine) for a big bargain a few years ago and given I had that, I decided to augment it with additional bits purchased at normal prices.  I ended up getting quite a bit of it (at considerable expense) and even set out a layout track plan with it, but when I tried Unitrack, it was no comparison.  The Japanese product is superior in every way.

Bachmann EZ track is possibly my biggest waste of money and regret in my whole model railway experience, ever.  Really - I cannot say enough negative things about Bachmann EZ track.

Hey Fifer - you must be Fifer Hobby Supply, right?  In New Mexico.  http://www.fiferhobby.com/html/contact_us.html  I've ordered some Unitrack Compact from you in the past - thanks.  I get your newsletter too, but since I only do British outline I regret I don't read it.  To everyone else reading this - I highly recommend them.  Fifer, since you're in the trade, do you know if Kato will come out with 183mm or 216mm radius turnouts?  If they did they'd make my life wonderful.

But seriously, don't take into your inventory the Bachmann EZ track rubbish.  I don't even see children having any fun with it - in fact, I'm getting my daughter started with Unitrack instead.  Stick with the Kato product.

Matt
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 06:05:19 AM by oreamnos »

Offline Sprintex

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: CLOSED
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 06:05:45 AM »
Don't beat about the bush Matt, say what you're thinking :laughabovepost:

Paul

Offline Fifer

• Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Fifer Hobby Supply
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 12:43:21 PM »
Avoid it like the plague.  It is rubbish and poorly made.  Seriously.  Here in the States it is markedly more expensive than Kato Unitrack but it is also mysteriously markedly inferior in quality, appearance, durability and overall sophistication.  You will quickly find the Bachmann product is very limited in the variety of curve radius compared to Kato.  Also, the track geometry is not well thought out and in order to make things fit for a layout you have to buy special pieces at silly prices - that's why there are all the different parts that you noticed.

I got a starter oval of track (which was admittedly fine) for a big bargain a few years ago and given I had that, I decided to augment it with additional bits purchased at normal prices.  I ended up getting quite a bit of it (at considerable expense) and even set out a layout track plan with it, but when I tried Unitrack, it was no comparison.  The Japanese product is superior in every way.

Bachmann EZ track is possibly my biggest waste of money and regret in my whole model railway experience, ever.  Really - I cannot say enough negative things about Bachmann EZ track.

Hey Fifer - you must be Fifer Hobby Supply, right?  In New Mexico.  http://www.fiferhobby.com/html/contact_us.html  I've ordered some Unitrack Compact from you in the past - thanks.  I get your newsletter too, but since I only do British outline I regret I don't read it.  To everyone else reading this - I highly recommend them.  Fifer, since you're in the trade, do you know if Kato will come out with 183mm or 216mm radius turnouts?  If they did they'd make my life wonderful.

But seriously, don't take into your inventory the Bachmann EZ track rubbish.  I don't even see children having any fun with it - in fact, I'm getting my daughter started with Unitrack instead.  Stick with the Kato product.

Matt

Thanks Matt , no one is privy to Kato plans including Kato USA.
Thanks , Mike
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life.
 When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
 I wrote ‘happy’.
They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
 -- John Lennon

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £120.00
Above Goal: £65.00
Site Currency: GBP
218% 
December Donations

Advertise Here