!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Union Mills Stock, Prices and News 1 April 2020  (Read 1567 times)

Offline flandrien

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Union Mills Stock, Prices and News 1 April 2020
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2020, 06:29:55 AM »
Great!   Thanks.

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25213
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2020, 05:14:56 PM »
Just had a lovely chat with Colin and after some financial exchanges, a BR Black J11 and an LNER Green B12 are heading to Perthshire (via Douglas at Wickness).... with all that temptation you keep posting, you are better at spending my money than I am John!!
Thanks for looking - Andrew

My attempt at a box layout - Bogindollo

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50114.msg652980#new

Offline Train Waiting

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • The Table-Top Railway.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2020, 09:35:14 PM »
Just had a lovely chat with Colin and after some financial exchanges, a BR Black J11 and an LNER Green B12 are heading to Perthshire (via Douglas at Wickness).... with all that temptation you keep posting, you are better at spending my money than I am John!!

Great news, Andrew!  Are these your first Union Mills locomotives?  I'm sorry that I can't help with a picture of a BR 'J11' but, as for an LNER green 'B12/3'...

Isn't she a beauty!  As for this new-fangled digital command coal, I've no experience, but @Chris in Prague appears to enjoy a lot of success with it in his Union Mills locomotives.

By the way, the 'Pom-Pom' is also a splendid engine.  The ones on the Table-Top Railway are in LNER black livery as our clock stopped at midnight on Hogmanay, 1938.

I look forward to seeing lots 'n' lots of lovely pictures of these new engines in Perthshire.

All best wishes.

John
'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25213
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2020, 09:46:11 PM »
Thanks for the sneek preview John - that's a cracker!

They will be my first new ones, I have a couple of J39's (both the same, no 2506, but the plan is to renumber one of them), a J25 & J26 .... all LNER black! 

They will hopefully arrive in time to be amongst the first trains to traverse the new viaduct when it gets opened  :)
Thanks for looking - Andrew

My attempt at a box layout - Bogindollo

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50114.msg652980#new

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2020, 10:07:48 PM »
Douglas at Wickness Models does the DCC conversion for all my motive power (I have DMUs and diesel railcars, too) and is also a great fan of the UM locus. The conversion often involves some interior metal removal in the tender to fit the DCC chip but the results are well worth it. The delay is getting them renumbered and detailed, elsewhere. 8-(

I have enough plans for additional kit-built (3D printed body) locos. that ran in the West Country (Devon is close enough!) to avoid the temptation of buying any UM loco. that could not possibly have been seen in the West Country. A UM 2251 0-6-0 to join my Peco one with its over-size tender (could that be reduced in size and a current-generation DCC chop be fitted?) is a temptation for next year. However, I have to reduce my loco. spending for the rest of this year as I will lose at least one course with the absence of visiting students for this autumn. I'm still buying coaches though but as replacements, apart from the imminent 4 Thompsons in BR Crimson & Cream. Secondhand coach prices are rising on eBay as well as those for Dapol 45xx and 4575s.

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £35.00
Below Goal: £25.00
Site Currency: GBP
58% 
July Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal