!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Hattons  (Read 40418 times)

Offline Bob G

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 16057
    • Awards
Re: Hattons
« Reply #315 on: November 06, 2018, 09:15:49 AM »
My sale items arrived very quickly. But I have experienced slow picking and packing in the past.
I guess they are not quite as big as Amazon (yet) and even Amazon can mess up an order or two.

Offline JonHarbour

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 18965
  • 2mm Association Number: 4667
    • Awards
« Reply #316 on: November 06, 2018, 09:43:53 AM »
Quite like the new site. I like that you can see all the products for your search option and it is at least initially manufacturer-agnostic.

The old web site was a PITA if you were looking at for example Era 4 coaches made by Graham Farish and you then wanted to see what Dapol had for the same period.

Bit of a nuisance that I had to create a new account, but I suspect that is to do with the new data protection requirements.
Still planning a layout...

Offline Steven B

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 12107
  • 2mm Association Number: 4196
    • NGS Yorkshire Area Group
    • Awards
« Reply #317 on: November 06, 2018, 11:02:51 AM »
I like Hattons, I really do BUT the only criticism I have is slow order processing.

I think all other areas of service are great and their website is good and user friendly and I also like how they show stock levels of the items they have.
I think they need to hire Santa's elves in the warehouse to speed things up!

A big sale like this one will lead to a big influx of orders for a couple of weeks before it settles back to normal levels - it's not easy to take on (and train) extra staff for this short time; Hence orders are delayed more than they would be normally. I'd guess that Amazon order will take a little longer for similar reasons when the Black-Friday deals and run up to Christmas starts in earnest

That said, I often find Hattons a little slower than some of the other bigger model shops, even under normal circumstances.

Online 70000

• N Gauge Society Number: 27128
    • Awards
« Reply #318 on: November 06, 2018, 12:28:17 PM »
My order from the current sale offerings was delayed by a few days, but that could have been intentional to ensure that the items were delivered on a Saturday - altough I happened to be working that particular day!
Makes sense if they budget that into their dispatch plans, as most people are likely to be at home on a Saturday morning. Good job I had them delivered elsewhere though.......

Offline class37025

• Trade Count: (+31)
    • Awards
« Reply #319 on: November 06, 2018, 02:24:01 PM »
put an order in sunday for paint, plus a couple of [sorry 1/76 pre-owned trucks  :-[ for wargames] still showing today as 'payment taken - awaiting picking'.

my fault, shouldn't have run out of rattle cans [ PPPPPP  ::)] but worried that by the time they actually picked my order, the pre-owned [at reduced price] items would have gone.

went on 'chat', spoke to Vicki, who assured me that the pre-owned items were allocated to me, and no one else would get them.

because Royal Snail won't carry paint, even water based, delivery will be by Yokdel, and I am very lucky in that our local courier does not [1] chuck on the roof [2] put in landfill / recycling bins [3] if we are not in will leave with a neighbour - AND LEAVES ME A CARD TO TELL ME WHERE, and no, you cannot have his name and poach him  :)

so, in due course, my trucks and rattle cans will arrive, and I will be again a happy bunny  :thumbsup:
typed by fur box mechanic - dictated by brain on a chain

Offline jacowin80

• Awards
« Reply #320 on: November 06, 2018, 06:15:02 PM »
They posted a photo on the instagram account of the amount of parcels they had going out and I must say that I was shocked!  they had parcel cages all around the yard so they must have thousands of orders going out.  I must admit the shop was a little disappointing when I visited as well, the only thing they have over the two local model shops I visit was they had plenty of space and it was all shiny and new.  I do like the online service they offer online.  Maybe they don't want people visiting the shop, perhaps they make a lot more money from online sales like amazon, screwfix etc, seeing the amount of stock they had out for delivery on instagram the other day probably proves this.

Offline class37025

• Trade Count: (+31)
    • Awards
« Reply #321 on: November 13, 2018, 02:35:10 PM »
I am a VERY happy bunny ......

placed an order with Hattons, sort of mid-morningish ..

and just had an e-mail to say picked, packed and ready for Royal Mail to collect.

obviously caught up with their backlog, and I'd dare to say, no shout

GREAT SERVICE  :)
typed by fur box mechanic - dictated by brain on a chain

Offline dannyboy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
« Reply #322 on: November 13, 2018, 02:39:13 PM »
I placed an order last Friday and it arrived here in Ireland this lunchtime. So well done to Hattons, (and Royal Mail and An Post).
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with him.

Offline exmouthcraig

• Trade Count: (+2)
    • Awards
« Reply #323 on: December 03, 2018, 06:35:02 PM »
Just to join in with the good praise Hattons have been getting recently,

Saturday lunchtime (Well 14.30 is near enough) sat eating my lunch trying to dry out after chasing escaped cattle, I trawelled Hattons website, I needed a pot of railmatch paint and quite fancied a B set in BR crimson for something other then just coaches. I placed the order and by 1600 had been informed the parcel was packed, I put this down to a generic email and thought nothing of it.

I will make it clear at point of purchase i was horrified to see only Yodel was an option on delivery, we are by no means remote but anyone other then Royal Mail can never find us and I usually chase parcels around the county for a month. This was not to be much of a success story!!

Well how wrong can a man be??? The Hattons email was right, my parcel was picked and packed on Saturday. Yodel had collected and sorted my parcel on Sunday and to my absolute shock they had delivered it, over my gate, no hassle, no sorry we missed you card. My parcel.

So thank you Yodel but huge praise must go to Hattons for an amazing service at a time of year most retailers blame delivery companies for delays.

Offline AndyT

• Awards
« Reply #324 on: January 09, 2019, 09:57:28 PM »
Id like to echoe the praise regarding Hattons. I placed an order on Boxing Day (I know!) and would you believe it arrived on the 29th (Saturday) just before I attended the NGauge Society mini show at Conwy. (If only Id stopped and picked it up I could have had it do a test run, the it being my Flying Scotsman train pack)

Not only was the delivery speedy, but the packaging is excellent. They used small plastic air pockets rather than that horrible bubble wrap or even worse styrofoam (although you can get biodegradable stuff now made from vegetable fibre) the box was stout and well made and not too large, labelling very clear. A very comprehensive picking and invoice sheet was enclosed so I could check things off easily (and then hide before other eyes got to it) they also threw in their latest sales listings (produced in full colour), thats got to cost a fair bit! Wasted on me though as it was mainly 00 gauge. Still a nice little extra!

After that experience I have been so converted to the ways of the Hatton that I have ordered some third radius curves, some straights and some electrofrog points from them today. (Ok also ordered a buffet car, two peco wagon kits and maybe something else too, why is it that you always end up ordering more than intentioned?) yes their website has a lot to answer for!

Please Support Us!
January Goal: £300.00
Due Date: Jan 31
Total Receipts: £315.00
Above Goal: £15.00
Site Currency: GBP
105% 
January Donations

Advertise Here
anything