!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Hattons  (Read 48757 times)

Offline dannyboy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
Re: Hattons
« Reply #75 on: August 24, 2016, 01:45:32 PM »
Why oh Why are we so impatient.   2 whole days have passed without having some new Black 5 tyres - a real matter of life and death.  Lets get things into perspective.

Well said sir it is the modern day trait of trying to look clever by coming to a forum and moaning  . Patience is no longer a virtue ::) ::) ::) ::)

I agree that patience is a virtue, but, in the interests of customer satisfaction and common decency, why don't companies, (and not just Hattons), send a quick email explaining that there is, or may be, a bit of a delay  ???. I realise that companies might be busy, but it only takes one employee a few minutes to send out some emails.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with him.

Offline red_death

• Revolution Trains
  • Advertiser
    • DEMU - the society for Diesel & Electric modellers of all scales
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: August 24, 2016, 01:48:55 PM »
Because a couple of days is not significant and spending a few minutes writing to everyone in such a matter multiplied by thousands soon becomes a mammoth task!

Offline dannyboy

• Awards
« Reply #77 on: August 24, 2016, 01:59:42 PM »
I am presuming that the above post is in answer to my post. If it is, and I understand the reply correctly, any company that has to send "thousands" of emails about delays is seriously short-staffed in the first pace!
David.

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: August 24, 2016, 03:10:51 PM »
People have been moaning since the beginning of time,
I ordered a new wheel for my chariot 2,000 years
ago and it still hasn't arrived.

I think you'll find that, aged 2000 + years, your licence will have been revoked so you may as well cancel the order for your chariot wheel as you won't be able to drive it :no:

Offline dannyboy

• Awards
« Reply #79 on: August 24, 2016, 03:20:46 PM »

I think you'll find that, aged 2000 + years, your licence will have been revoked so you may as well cancel the order for your chariot wheel as you won't be able to drive it :no:

What's the betting that once the order is cancelled, the wheel will arrive 24 hours later  ??? :)
David.

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: August 24, 2016, 03:27:22 PM »

What's the betting that once the order is cancelled, the wheel will arrive 24 hours later  ??? :)

No problem if it's just a restoration project :)

Offline v200

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: August 24, 2016, 03:31:39 PM »
Why oh Why are we so impatient.   2 whole days have passed without having some new Black 5 tyres - a real matter of life and death.  Lets get things into perspective.

Well said sir it is the modern day trait of trying to look clever by coming to a forum and moaning  . Patience is no longer a virtue ::) ::) ::) ::)

Surely an automated response would be better. It beggars belief that people ant to told what is happening every second of everyday with their orders and cannot wait for is normal progression.

I agree that patience is a virtue, but, in the interests of customer satisfaction and common decency, why don't companies, (and not just Hattons), send a quick email explaining that there is, or may be, a bit of a delay  ???. I realise that companies might be busy, but it only takes one employee a few minutes to send out some emails.

Offline railsquid

• N Gauge Society Number: 25547
    • My model railway website
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: August 24, 2016, 03:44:52 PM »

Still wondering about my order for a Dapol Class Boudicca chariot I've had on pre-order for that long...
Takahachikawa - Japanese and other trains

Birmingham Knotmore Street - (ex) GWR mainline through the Midlands

Offline dannyboy

• Awards
« Reply #83 on: August 24, 2016, 04:13:46 PM »
 :laughabovepost: :laughabovepost:
David.

Offline Snowwolflair

• N Gauge Society Number: 25174
  • 2mm Association Number: 4194
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: August 24, 2016, 04:51:21 PM »

Still wondering about my order for a Dapol Class Boudicca chariot I've had on pre-order for that long...

You mean when the valve gear breaks it flails like knives.

Offline lil chris

• N Gauge Society Number: 23889
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: August 24, 2016, 05:21:04 PM »
Like I replied it is not life and death or impatience. Once upon a time with Hattons you ordered something and received it 2 days later which was brilliant. People on here are moaning about who it is delivered by for example Yodel, I have had no problems with them. Why have a go at me, all I am saying goes is there service is not has good as it was, also I would like to know when it is being delivered so I can make sure someone is in.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 05:23:14 PM by lil chris »
Lil Chris
My layout here East Lancashire Lines
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29492.0

Offline daveg

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22509
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: August 24, 2016, 06:08:55 PM »
Chris, we're out in the sticks a bit and so we have a nominated safe place which our our posties know and they can leave non signed for deliveries quite securely.

Is it possible for you to organise or arrange something similar?

We work on the basis that mail order stuff can take a week and don't start fretting until day 6! Missing a pre-arranged date and time is close to unforgivable these days, especially when (most) drivers have mobiles and can call to advise of any problems.

Thinking 'I'd better stay in, in case' can be a real pain, hence our SP. It's saved a lot of hanging around and frustration.

Dave G

Offline v200

• Awards
« Reply #87 on: August 24, 2016, 06:19:34 PM »
Like I replied it is not life and death or impatience. Once upon a time with Hattons you ordered something and received it 2 days later which was brilliant. People on here are moaning about who it is delivered by for example Yodel, I have had no problems with them. Why have a go at me, all I am saying goes is there service is not has good as it was, also I would like to know when it is being delivered so I can make sure someone is in.

No model shops in Manchester ?

Offline austinbob

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23835
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: August 24, 2016, 06:21:33 PM »
Chris, we're out in the sticks a bit and so we have a nominated safe place which our our posties know and they can leave non signed for deliveries quite securely.

Is it possible for you to organise or arrange something similar?

We work on the basis that mail order stuff can take a week and don't start fretting until day 6! Missing a pre-arranged date and time is close to unforgivable these days, especially when (most) drivers have mobiles and can call to advise of any problems.

Thinking 'I'd better stay in, in case' can be a real pain, hence our SP. It's saved a lot of hanging around and frustration.

Dave G
What about unspecified safe places...
RM put a tracked package in my recycling wheely bin without leaving a card. I was just about to chuck a load of old newspapers, cardboard boxes and beer cans (IPA of course) when I spotted this parcel in the bin!!
Fished it out and it was my 61xx from ebay. I could so easily have missed that parcel. Not good Royal Mail!!
 :veryangry:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Offline daveg

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22509
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: August 24, 2016, 06:54:21 PM »
What a daft thing to do.

That'd make me angry too, Bob!

Dave G.

Please Support Us!
October Goal: £100.00