it's the final countdown! farish 13/14 catalogue..

Started by bluedepot, March 06, 2013, 06:00:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red_death

So I was half right....new 25 and Mk2s (incl air cons), but I am surprised not to have seen the EPB or MPV put through the shrinking machine.

What chance the Wickham trolley being shrunk in 12 months!

Cheers, Mike

daveg

Most of my rolling stock is RTR because I like it but I have a growing collection of kit wagons from Peco and NGS. The Peco ones are generally quite simple - apart from those annoying fixing nuts supplied with some!

I attempted the NGS Hopper wagon kit. Nice kit but with some very, very small pieces, I wasn't able to finish them 100%. It hasn't put me off kit building but I will try in future to choose those which match my limited dexterity.

Regarding the commisioning of a 'pro' kit builder, who is out there offering such a service and what sort of charges could one expect? I thinking of the more complex build of, say, a mobile crane. 'One offs' I would think could be quite a lot more than building something from available kits/parts.

That info may be of interest to some, including me, perhaps.

Dave G

H

Quote from: daveg on March 11, 2013, 11:00:35 AM

I have a growing collection of kit wagons from Peco and NGS. The Peco ones are generally quite simple - apart from those annoying fixing nuts supplied with some!

I attempted the NGS Hopper wagon kit. Nice kit but with some very, very small pieces, I wasn't able to finish them 100%. It hasn't put me off kit building but I will try in future to choose those which match my limited dexterity.

Well done. Sounds like you're giving it a go and will no doubt improve 'your dexterity' as well as improving/increasing the range of stock on your layout and having some modelling fun.

But back to the new list from that little diversion.

Anyone notice the Hawksworth full brake listed which was presumably the reason the NGS quickly switched from it to a Collett FB having announced it as their next RTR project last year. I certainly wasn't surprised to see it on the Farish list.

H.

Is it just me, or has the updated Scenecraft N gauge list gone AWOL?
:help:

Just noticed the DBSO, as well. Very nice. I've had a thought, I reckon that the Class 87s in BR Blue and Intercity (I'll be doubly impressed if it's Executive rather than Swallow) should sell better than the Virgin ones, as there's much renumbering potential, there. Shawplan may need to prepare a decently-sized batch of their Class 87 2mm nameplates.

:thumbsup:

daveg

Quote from: 508111 on March 11, 2013, 12:14:33 PM
Is it just me, or has the updated Scenecraft N gauge list gone AWOL?
:help:

Forgot to look!   :uneasy:

Hope not as I've just added a few bits to my wish list!

Dave G

Karhedron

Quote from: H on March 11, 2013, 11:16:51 AM
Anyone notice the Hawksworth full brake listed which was presumably the reason the NGS quickly switched from it to a Collett FB having announced it as their next RTR project last year. I certainly wasn't surprised to see it on the Farish list.

I must admit to being taken by suprise. I assumed Dapol had something planned further down the line. I had rather assumed that with the 00 Hawksworths being done by Hornby, Farish would steer clear of them. I am delighted to be proved wrong of course.

I wonder why Farish are only doing the Hawksworths in blood and custard livery? They also wore Maroon. Some of them were produced in time to wear GWR choc and cream. Some of the full brakes also wore plain crimson for TPO work.

I have a hankering for something to accompany the Farish TPO so I will probably try repainting one myself. Fortunately you don't get miuch simpler than unlined crimson. ;)
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Karhedron on March 11, 2013, 03:28:09 PM
I wonder why Farish are only doing the Hawksworths in blood and custard livery? They also wore Maroon. Some of them were produced in time to wear GWR choc and cream. Some of the full brakes also wore plain crimson for TPO work.

I'd guess Maroon will follow and I do wonder if Osborn's might do GWR if nobody else picks it up. There was almost no GWR Hawksworth stock though, they began producing them just as nationalisation was on the cards and the moment that was apparent the GWR (in true capitalist fatcat tradition) immediately figured out it was in the shareholders interest to halt all the new build and spending it could.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

matt94

Pictures of the new 55's and 37 look promising!

MJKERR

Quote from: matt94 on March 11, 2013, 07:24:24 PM
Pictures of the new 55's and 37 look promising!
Those are this years (2012 to 2013) not next years (2013 to 2014)
There is only one photo so far of a loco, a real world Class 31 in green livery, and it's not even of a model!
The other photo is of a coach, currently available in OO gauge

I wouldn't expect to see any photos until the end of this year

dr deltic

With the recent arrival of RTR Scottish type 2's it is a shrewd move to capture the market with the 47/7's and DBSO releases.

The 25/1 is most welcome too but a shame no 85.....

This 1970/80's revival is really being met head on, its costing me a bloody fortune!

Benn

Quote from: dr deltic on March 11, 2013, 08:44:09 PM
This 1970/80's revival is really being met head on, its costing me a bloody fortune!

About time, too! Hopefully now with all this gear, over the next few years we see a growth in the number of high quality, non-steam N gauge layouts on the circuit as a result!

Karhedron

Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Benn

Quote from: H on March 11, 2013, 10:47:32 AM

But to be quite honest IMO it would be better if new RTR stuff concentrated on prototypes that are not already available as either RTR or a kit.

H.

I'm not sure I'm with you on that one mate, that's like saying Farish shouldn't of announced the DBSO because they already do Mk2s and TPM or ERG do a conversion for it. 'Dexterity' plays a part (I consider myself to be a reasonably competent modeller, not the best but still learning), but sometimes the market for an RTR model will outweigh the market for an already existing and not necessarily difficult kit; for example in the case of the Queen Mary brake, the Seacow hopper, Dogfish, bogie bolster D, etc... OK the first three are pretty difficult, but you get my drift...! I can see the Shark Brake joining this list at some point.

Anyway, yes, back on topic! :thumbsup:

mk1gtstu

A few photo's of the latest releases have appeared on Hattons website.

cheers, Stu.
My Box File Layout (South Wales Valleys Colliery) http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=10430.0

Porthkerry (A South Wales layout in BR Blue) http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39654.0

Abercwm Colliery (South Wales Area) https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=47521.0

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £20.00
Below Goal: £80.00
Site Currency: GBP
20% 
June Donations