!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: My WPR layout  (Read 24657 times)

Offline Alex

• Trade Count: (+13)
    • Facebook
    • Awards
Re: My WPR layout
« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2013, 07:45:58 PM »
Hi,

Your probably getting fed up with this already but I need to keep posting updates to keep the enthusiasm going.

In/out law visit was cancelled tonight so out to the shed. The upper layout is now fully covered and glued in place.

The lower level is half done but I'm in no hurry to finish it. My main objective is to get the upper layout track down and make a start on the scenics.

Alex :wave:

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: March 22, 2013, 08:37:54 PM »
Always happy to see progress being made, Alex :thumbsup:
Apart from that, there aren't too many double decker layouts on the forum. At this rate you'll be outstripping Lawrence, and he's not half as busy as you! :-X

Offline Alex

• Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: March 22, 2013, 08:55:19 PM »
Hi Newport,

Thanks. It now needs a good tidy up as well.

I think Lawrence is jealous 'cause my sheds bigger than his.   :laugh3:

Online Lawrence

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • N Gauge Society Number: Closed
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: March 22, 2013, 09:43:11 PM »
I think Lawrence is a bit hacked off because his visitors arrived at 4am this morning  :goggleeyes:
Given it was my niece visiting during some R&R from Afghanistan I don't mind so much, especially as she flies back out there on Monday  :(
Let you off this time Alex  ;)

Offline upnick

• Trade Count: (+16)
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: March 22, 2013, 10:46:22 PM »
Hi Alex   :wave:

Always good to  see your progress   although i wish i  had a shed   :hmmm: the double deck   idea  is great  lets hope the tracklayers  arrive this weekend to  start   ;) :claphappy:

Offline Alex

• Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: March 23, 2013, 12:05:52 AM »
Hi guys,

Thanks. Tracklayers scheduled for Sunday.

Lawrence I have a great respect for all our troops in Afghanistan, all my best to your niece.

Online Lawrence

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • N Gauge Society Number: Closed
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: March 23, 2013, 09:42:33 AM »
Will do Alex even though she is not in the forces, she wanted to give something back to the troops so took a job with the NAAFI out there, making sure our lads & lassies have their home comforts, but she lives in the same accommodation as them and has her own body armour which she has to wear.  Frankly I wouldn't get out of bed for what they are paying her, and certainly wouldn't work in a war zone for it, but I am proud of her for doing it.  Silly season will start soon out there, just in time for her going back.
 :oopssign:  :sorrysign: :offtopicsign:  :-[

Offline Alex

• Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: March 23, 2013, 08:32:22 PM »
Hi,

Well the painters were out this morning and the tracklayers put down some track this afternoon.

Starting at the bottom left corner. The storage sidings.

To the left what will be the wagon works. The track along the top edge will be elevated. The next one down will be an engine shed and the other 2 for the works. I have a track plan for this and there are no storage sidings for the works, just the tracks leading into the buildings.

The track then meanders down the rest of the back wall. Near the corner will be a level crossing and a crossing keepers cottage.

Coming around the corner we see a loop and some sidings. This is based on a track plan for the sidings at the village of Kennoway were I lived for 20 odd years. This siding should be on the outside of a curves but space restrictions has meant I have put it on the inside.

Heading up the other side there will be the Isabella pit (colliery). I need a couple of left hand points to complete this.

Going by the track plan the track went through the building and onto the sidings at the other end. From this I would assume the wagons were loaded up then pushed out to the sidings. The get them out it would appear that the engine went through the building to hook up the wagons and take them to the washer at Methil docks.

The lower siding will be for the delivery of various items for the pit.

The track then continues down the wall and and onto the bottom wall. Here will be the Wemyss brick works. Need some more points fir this.

The landscape is mainly open country and relatively level. Not deep cuttings or tunnels. Some small inclines and the WPR track crossed over the North British Railway track, such as behind the wagon works.

Once I am happy with the positions I will replace the sidings track with pieces of flexi track cut to size. I have 32 yards of the stuff so plenty to go around. At the moment I still have enough track to do one complete circuit of the main  lower level, but no points left.

Tomorrow will be the big switch on day. I'll wire up the track and get some locos running. Can't wait. :bounce:

Offline scotsoft

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Scottish n' Newcastle
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: March 23, 2013, 08:50:02 PM »
Well done Alex, you certainly have been going at it today  :thumbsup:

I hope all goes well for the big switch on tomorrow  ;)

cheers John.

Offline Alex

• Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: March 23, 2013, 08:52:46 PM »
Hi John,

Thanks. Hopefully all will go well.

Offline upnick

• Awards
« Reply #85 on: March 23, 2013, 09:00:03 PM »
Hi Alex  :wave:   

Look  forward to seeing  a loco  or two on  rails   ;)   will it  be  a  ribbon  cutting  of the WPR   layout on  video  i wonder   :claphappy: :claphappy:

Offline Alex

• Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: March 23, 2013, 09:14:30 PM »
Hmmm, there's a thought. Just ordered another 12 wagon kits from Hattons, they've none left now.

Offline upnick

• Awards
« Reply #87 on: March 23, 2013, 09:22:02 PM »
Hmmm, there's a thought. Just ordered another 12 wagon kits from Hattons, they've none left now.

I'll  ring  Peco   on Monday morning to  ask  them to  increase porduction to keep  up  Alex   :smiley-laughing: 
Which   wagons have you ordered this time ? 

Offline Alex

• Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: March 23, 2013, 09:47:56 PM »
Some more 7 plank and Butterely wagons. Wanted some 5 plank ones to make into solid buffer wagons but they didn't have any. :'(

Always gonna need wagons.

Offline Alex

• Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: March 24, 2013, 05:27:24 PM »
Hi,

The sidings are starting to fill up.

The storage sidings

The Kennoway sidings

The Isabella pit

This area will have the 5 plank Wemyss and Bowman hard buffer wagons.

And finally, no fanfare, I added some power to the track and had some engines running round. All powered bu just a pair of wired fishplates, at the moment. I intend to run wires underneath the boards all the way around and add droppers every 3ft. A short video of my Grafar GP tank. It's a bit dark as I need to add another light at one end of the shed.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f178/alexcrawford2008/WPR/DSCF0664_zpsbfacde8b.mp4

« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 07:09:05 PM by Alex »

Please Support Us!
October Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: £66.00
Below Goal: £34.00
Site Currency: GBP
66% 
October Donations

Advertise Here
anything