N Gauge Forum

General Category => N Gauge Discussion => Topic started by: Bigmac on October 06, 2026, 07:44:36 PM

Title: Bachish stanier class 4 tank
Post by: Bigmac on October 06, 2026, 07:44:36 PM
do/did bach/farish produce a Stanier 2-6-4 tank loco ? I thought i had one--but cant find it. I know they did the Fairburn--and the standard 80*** type--ive got those.

Or did i imagine it?
Title: Re: Bachish stanier class 4 tank
Post by: chrism on October 06, 2026, 08:16:07 PM
Quote from: Bigmac on Today at 07:44:36 PMdo/did bach/farish produce a Stanier 2-6-4 tank loco ? I thought i had one--but cant find it. I know they did the Fairburn--and the standard 80*** type--ive got those.

Or did i imagine it?

I don't think they do/did. There were a few whitemetal kits to create one using a Poole Black 5 chassis - one of which had the parts/instructions for making it as either a Stanier or a Fairburn.
Title: Re: Bachish stanier class 4 tank
Post by: Bigmac on October 06, 2026, 08:22:55 PM
Quote from: chrism on Today at 08:16:07 PM
Quote from: Bigmac on Today at 07:44:36 PMdo/did bach/farish produce a Stanier 2-6-4 tank loco ? I thought i had one--but cant find it. I know they did the Fairburn--and the standard 80*** type--ive got those.

Or did i imagine it?

I don't think they do/did. There were a few whitemetal kits to create one using a Poole Black 5 chassis - one of which had the parts/instructions for making it as either a Stanier or a Fairburn.

thanks--it saves me searching any more.  I do have the kit built version--and the fowler. Both heavyweight bruisers.
Title: Re: Bachish stanier class 4 tank
Post by: martyn on October 06, 2026, 08:23:33 PM
There was a Phil Kerr kit, later marketed by Foxhunter, but not available RTR as far as I know.

See tne Foxhunter kit thread on the Forum.

Martyn