N Gauge Forum

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: KiwiAlan on September 29, 2026, 08:37:41 AM

Title: Proses Programmable Train Elevator
Post by: KiwiAlan on September 29, 2026, 08:37:41 AM
I spotted Proses' new programmable train elevator for N scale and wondered what other members think of it.

On paper it looks quite attractive – up to 24 trains stored in a relatively small footprint, touchscreen control, programmable positions, and direct connection to the layout.

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/1KHHZrmfUi/?mibextid=wwXIfr (https://www.facebook.com/share/p/1KHHZrmfUi/?mibextid=wwXIfr)

However, it also reminds me a little of the old Nelevator concept. From what I recall, Nelevator generated a lot of interest but ultimately disappeared, with a number of modellers reportedly losing deposits when the business failed.

I'm therefore interested in hearing views from those who have experience with:


A few questions that come to mind:


I'm not trying to be negative, it's an innovative concept and could be a great space-saving solution, but I'd be keen to hear both positive and cautionary views before considering one.
Title: Re: Proses Programmable Train Elevator
Post by: ntpntpntp on September 29, 2026, 09:27:11 AM
As it's not available yet nobody except Proses can answer the specific questions and who knows about long-term reliability?

Proses seem to come up with a lot of products, some seem to be good ideas.  I've not used any of their offerings myself.