N Gauge Forum

General Category => N Gauge Discussion => Topic started by: jamespetts on September 28, 2026, 05:22:40 PM

Title: N gauge foam storage? Ten Commandments supply difficulties
Post by: jamespetts on September 28, 2026, 05:22:40 PM
For years, I have successfully used the Ten Commandments N gauge foam storage slots with 4l Really Useful boxes (2x 9 slots can fit in one box) for my N gauge rolling stock.

However, Ten Commandments have been out of this for a long time, and, on e-mailing the proprietor, I now understand that the person who does the cutting may retire and that these may no longer be available.

Does anyone know of any good alternatives for a 4l Really Useful Box?
Title: Re: N gauge foam storage? Ten Commandments supply difficulties
Post by: ntpntpntp on September 28, 2026, 06:17:26 PM
Look on ebay and amazon for foam block with pre-cut cubes that you remove to create suitable slots.

I bought this a few months ago
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350791783132?var=620124029173 (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350791783132?var=620124029173)
(https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/-rcAAOSwx1FgJMhV/s-l1600.webp)
Title: Re: N gauge foam storage? Ten Commandments supply difficulties
Post by: Newportnobby on September 28, 2026, 08:03:51 PM
These folk might be able to assist. They did a roaring trade at our show.

Trainsporters.com
Title: Re: N gauge foam storage? Ten Commandments supply difficulties
Post by: crewearpley40 on September 28, 2026, 08:06:31 PM
Quote from: Newportnobby on Today at 08:03:51 PMThese folk might be able to assist. They did a roaring trade at our show.

Trainsporters.com
Mark is a very approachable knowledgeable and modeller friendly person with a wonderful collection and I have purchased a couple of trainsporters boxes at a good price ! And I know others who will recommend