N Gauge Forum

Notices, Help With Problems and Your Forum Ideas... => Forum Ideas and Problems. => Topic started by: weave on August 24, 2026, 09:16:04 AM

Title: Am not receiving Alerts
Post by: weave on August 24, 2026, 09:16:04 AM
Hi all,

For some reason, as of yesterday, I don't receive Alerts (top left of page) anymore. I haven't changed anything that I am aware of so any ideas please?
Title: Re: Am not receiving Alerts
Post by: Bealman on August 24, 2026, 09:23:41 AM
Phone, or computer?
Title: Re: Am not receiving Alerts
Post by: weave on August 24, 2026, 09:26:50 AM
Computer, I don't use my phone for the Forum.
Title: Re: Am not receiving Alerts
Post by: Train Waiting on August 24, 2026, 09:47:56 AM
The same for me. As of yesterday as well.

On a computer as well.

With all good wishes.

John
Title: Re: Am not receiving Alerts
Post by: Bealman on August 24, 2026, 09:51:45 AM
I'm the other way round... I'm on the phone all the time!

Anyway, hmmm. All working here on the phone. Sounds like one for @Tank
Title: Re: Am not receiving Alerts
Post by: Newportnobby on August 24, 2026, 10:02:27 AM
Maybe one for Admin @Tank
Title: Re: Am not receiving Alerts
Post by: cmason on August 24, 2026, 10:08:41 AM
Yes - I noticed the same - alerts are no longer coming through
Title: Re: Am not receiving Alerts
Post by: weave on August 24, 2026, 10:17:14 AM
Thanks for replies. Just to add, I just mean the Alert at the top left of page not e mail alerts as I don't want them.
Title: Re: Am not receiving Alerts
Post by: Newportnobby on August 24, 2026, 11:57:09 AM
Be Alert!
Britain needs Lerts :thumbsup:
Title: Re: Am not receiving Alerts
Post by: Bealman on August 24, 2026, 12:02:38 PM
The world needs them ;D
Title: Re: Am not receiving Alerts
Post by: Trainfish on August 24, 2026, 03:56:00 PM
I'm not getting them either by email or alerts at the top of the page. Since yesterday as others have stated. Come on @Tank sort it out  :D
Title: Re: Am not receiving Alerts
Post by: Tank on August 24, 2026, 06:45:48 PM
Oh no!  :(

There were some updates that were completed, but I guess one knocked out the alert package.  I'll have to wait until more donations meet the quota for the month before getting someone to look into it.
Title: Re: Am not receiving Alerts
Post by: Train Waiting on August 24, 2026, 07:55:52 PM
Quote from: Tank on August 24, 2026, 06:45:48 PMOh no!  :(

There were some updates that were completed, but I guess one knocked out the alert package.  I'll have to wait until more donations meet the quota for the month before getting someone to look into it.

I'll donate some lolly immediately or sooner.

Toodle-pip

John
Title: Re: Am not receiving Alerts
Post by: Graham on August 24, 2026, 11:48:24 PM
I thought it was just me, now I can see it is a forum issue.
Will have to push those donations.
Title: Re: Am not receiving Alerts
Post by: Tank on August 25, 2026, 12:47:47 PM
Thanks for the donations so far.   :thumbsup:
Title: Re: Am not receiving Alerts
Post by: cmason on August 27, 2026, 05:16:53 AM
@Tank any updates on the alert issue?
Title: Re: Am not receiving Alerts
Post by: Tank on August 27, 2026, 06:42:16 PM
Afraid not, as I've only just raised enough donations for this month.  I'll ask about fixing the issue.
Title: Re: Am not receiving Alerts
Post by: icairns on August 29, 2026, 01:05:08 AM
@Tank

I think there is another Forum problem.

When I use the Search function, I get a list of many different posts, as usual.

However, when I go into a post and then try to return to the list by pressing "Reload" and then "Continue, instead of taking me back to the list, it kicks me out of the search completely and I get a message that says "Did you forget to put in something to search for?"

Not urgent, but I thought you should know.

Ian
Title: Re: Am not receiving Alerts
Post by: Tank on August 29, 2026, 05:03:10 PM
Thanks Ian.  Unfortunately that always happens.  I've found that the best way is to press search, and then 'right click' and open a new window for that link.  Then close the window when you're done and the list was still be there.  Hope that helps.
Title: Re: Am not receiving Alerts
Post by: icairns on September 04, 2026, 04:35:11 PM
@Tank

Thanks for your reply.

The reason for my post was because I have been using the same process for searching the Forum for years (and I do a lot of searches) and have never had this problem before.

However, I tried your solution and it worked.  It is actually a couple of key strokes less and so is more efficient.  It did take me a couple of minutes to figure out how to open the separate window so I have added step 3 in the process below to clarify the Search process for other users.

1. Insert keyword(s) into the Search box. 

2. Click on "Search." 

3. Place cursor on "Search Results" near the top left of the page. 

4. Right click on link and a new window will open with search results. 

5. One can then click on a search result and then go back to the list using the back arrow without losing the search results 

Thanks again.

Ian

Title: Re: Am not receiving Alerts
Post by: weave on October 08, 2026, 09:22:49 AM
Hi @Tank,

Any more news on the alerts issue?

Thanks, weave
Title: Re: Am not receiving Alerts
Post by: Tank on October 08, 2026, 09:07:04 PM
Hello Weave.  Where has the time gone?  I'm waiting for someone to help, and we're near the top of their list. So hopefully soon.  Sorry all!