Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

My mother has tall shrubs each side of the path leading to her front door and I've lost count of the times I've ended up with a web wrapped round my head. I've taken to swinging my arms around in front of me which may scare the neighbours but does the trick, a bit like a flail tank :)

Bealman

That's exactly wot I do when I take the garbage out.

Or just walk up the driveway.

But seeing everyone else is doing the same thing, I don't get a complex about it  ;)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

tutenkhamunsleeping

https://twitter.com/TelfordCops/status/1258342393839079426

Had a grandstand view of the above unfolding in our street this morning, a most pleasant surprise to wake up to.  Another little scrote in the klink :thumbsup:

I shall be clapping extra loud for the Police at al this evening :claphappy:

Papyrus

Well, I've been very worried these past few days...

Years ago, in a land far away (well, Crawley, actually) I started building a white-metal kit of the LMS Duchess on a Minitrix Britannia chassis. A major earthquake in my personal circumstances meant it never got finished. I fished it out again recently and I decided to ditch the kit and put the Britannia back together as I still had all the bits, or so I thought... It was then that I discovered that, in the intervening 25+ years, the little screw that holds the body to the chassis had gone missing. Oh well, that's that, I thought. Idly searched online but no success, much as I had feared. Contemplated putting out a request on the forum but decided asking for one tiny screw was just too embarrassing. Looked through all my spares boxes one last time, and there it was! Hiding in my box marked 'Nuts, bolts and screws', just where you'd least expect it...

Such deep joy over a tiny screw...  :claphappy:

Cheers,

Chris

dannyboy

Sometimes it's the little things that give the greatest pleasure.  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Snowwolflair

Next time you hide and it tries to find you in 25 years  :smiley-laughing:

Papyrus

talisman56

Quote from: Papyrus on May 11, 2020, 01:08:53 PM

Such deep joy over a tiny screw...  :claphappy:

Cheers,

Chris

...said any female never... :)
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Bealman

Dunno whether to post this in the unhappy thread or not. I guess long term, it's happy.

Lot of noise outside Chez Bealman today. Bloody road getting re-surfaced!

I just wish they'd give you prior warning, instead of just turning up. I was hoping they'd go over those pesky speed humps, but they didn't.

Anyway, it's done, so should last a little while. The unhappy bit is when I had to go out later, and of course now I've got grit stuck with bitumen to the underside of the car.  >:(

dannyboy

I know the feeling George. That method is how the majority of roads round here are done - tar, chippings, tar, chippings. Nobody comes back to sweep up the loose chippings, so every time another car drives past you, you get 'peppered' with the loose chippings  >:(. Plus, as you say, the chippings get stuck to the car and, what is worse I think, the tyre treads get full of the chippings!
David.

Malc

Look at it this way, George. Road tar and granite chippings make a damn good under seal.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Bealman

Thanks, David. It's the quick, cheap and easy way of doing it. One of the blokes in the photographs asked me, "Is everything ok, sir? Can I help you?"

I almost said, "I don't think so, I want to get me 'effin car out" but thought better of it.

On a truly happy note, I presume that is your name on page 83 of NGSJ 2/2020, and that is the model you first showed on this forum?  :thumbsup: :beers:

Congratulations!

Malc: Maybe, but when the chippings fall off, you're looking at rust spots.  >:(

steve836

Quote from: dannyboy on May 19, 2020, 08:17:41 AM
I know the feeling George. That method is how the majority of roads round here are done - tar, chippings, tar, chippings. Nobody comes back to sweep up the loose chippings, so every time another car drives past you, you get 'peppered' with the loose chippings  >:(. Plus, as you say, the chippings get stuck to the car and, what is worse I think, the tyre treads get full of the chippings!

Look on the bright side at least you get studded tyres for winter :laugh:
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

dannyboy

@Bealman  Yes, that is me George, (my very first published article  :):thankyousign:

@steve836 That is very true, but I have had quite a few punctures because the chips have such sharp edges. Two of the punctures still had a chip embedded in the rubber!
David.

joe cassidy

Hope your bus stop survived George ?

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations