what are you listening to at the moment?

Started by findus, January 20, 2011, 12:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southerngooner

I'm taking the opportunity to play my entire iTunes library randomly which is throwing up some stuff I'd forgotten, and also some strange bedfellows. Dolly Parton followed by Muse was interesting, but I've also taken the chance to delete some of the real rubbish tracks that I never listen too. Roger Whittaker took a bit of slaying today, as did Simply Red. I did listen to the MC5 "Back in the USA" album which I haven't done in years, marvellous stuff!
Dave

Builder of "Brickmakers Lane" and member of "James Street" operating team.

Trainfish

I listen to my iTunes randomly in the shower as we have a blueteeth bathroom cabinet. Same as you, I delete some stuff but then iTunes goes and synchronises them back on again! I suppose I really should delete them from my PC instead  :doh:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Southerngooner

That's the reason I'm doing it now! I've half my layout on its side wiring it up and it'll only fit in the room with the PC, so the perfect opportunity! It makes a change to hear other stuff than the stuff on the phone and pad.....
Dave

Builder of "Brickmakers Lane" and member of "James Street" operating team.

Papyrus

Quote from: zopadooper on March 24, 2020, 10:13:06 AM
For those of a certain age it was announced yesterday that Julie Felix had died, aged 81.  Julie was still performing her own style of protest song until afew weeks ago.  Last year she sang at our 50th wedding anniversary party and put on an excellent show. Look her up

I only found out about this yesterday when I read her obituary. Like, as you say, many men of a certain age I was immoderately smitten by her when I was in my late teens, much to my then girlfriend's displeasure... (Hang on a minute - I wonder if that's why she dumped me?) She was still a striking looking woman even at the end of her life. I had several of her albums which I disposed of many years later when I was having a clearout and now bitterly regret.

@zopadooper I envy you your anniversary gig!

Cheers,

Chris

PS. I've just thought. If she's gone to the great gig in the sky, how do they feel about protest songs up there and what would you sing about?

Papyrus

Going off slightly at a tangent, but I couldn't decide what other topic to put it under and it wasn't worth starting another thread...

We are currently having our back fence replaced (no worries, man working on his own, we're staying in...). He's come accompanied by a portable radio as many workmen do. It's a bit intrusive, especially as his chosen musical style all seems to contain the same bass riff, but we can live with that. What amuses us is why you would have the radio on while wearing ear defenders.  ???  Go figure.

Cheers,

Chris

zopadooper

@zopadooper I envy you your anniversary gig!

We saw her at the Great British Folk Festvial at Butlins Skegness in December 2018.  She did an excellent set.  We were wanting to book someone of our era for our party in July 2019.  I picked up an email address on the internet, emailed and it was all booked within a couple of days.  She arrived mid-afternoon, performed in the evening, stayed with us chatting for most of the night, slept next door in the B&B, had breakfast with us and left after lunch.  A super memorable evening.

tutenkhamunsleeping

John Martyn - Solid Air

If iTunes is to be believed, I've not listened to this since 2010! :o

Newportnobby

A large (and loud) selection of Wagner. Now there was a composer who knew how to stir the emotions. I sometimes wonder why I do it to myself, though :hmmm:

joe cassidy

Chris Rea - New Light Through Old Windows.

I prefer the remixed versions of the songs on this album to the originals.

BRMan

Another Night from the excellent Moonmadness album by Camel, uplifting !

Trainfish

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Steve Brassett

Lately I have mostly been listening to podcasts.  Specifically That Peter Crouch Podcast and There's No Such Thing as a Fish.

Trainfish

John

<*))))><

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations