DP1 Deltic Merseyside Express Train Set

Started by cloughie, February 07, 2011, 03:54:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cloughie

In a shear moment of madness, I was thinking of getting one of these, but then I though, is the track 80 or 55, has any one got one of these that can let me know,I know it is a chip fat burner but I have got a soft spot for Deltics ???.
now going to chew on a bit of coal to bring me round to the real world :smiley-laughing: :thumbsup:
cloughie
am I there yet

Hmmmm i have to admit i have one  :'( Im sure i can find space for it on WCML layout (once built!!) loosly based around Staffordshire!!! But im in the 1990's Intercity and Sectors era......Hmmmm what might have been railtour??!!  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:

Seriously though, it is a lovely model. I was at the Stafford show yesterday and seen them going for around £75 mark, and the sets you can pick up for £100 ish.....I got mine just before xmas first released.....

Anthony
Sutton St Annes - Provincial north-west Lancs - 1990-1995 http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39173.0

West Coast Models - www.westcoastmodels.co.uk

cloughie

got one :thumbsup:
It looks well next to the green Deltic I already have, but I had to level the stock up a bit so I had to get the master cutler one as well :-[, just to keep a mate of mine from having a fit and hitting me over the head with a coal shovel,ecky thump, that makes 4 chip fat burners I have now, oh the shame of it :'(, come back LMS and LNER all is forgiven :o  ;D
cloughie
btw
the track is code 55
am I there yet

cloughie

So is mine
   B T have you got LMS and LNER as well 8) ???
am I there yet

cloughie

it must be murder turning round in tesco`s with a deltic body as well, how much stuff do you knock off the shelves when you are pushing your good ladys trolly round or is that your excuse to get out of trolly duty
cloughie
am I there yet

cloughie

am I there yet

REFaust

The track in all the Farish sets I've seen is their own, but it's compatible with Peco settrack. Therefore it's code 80.

R E Faust

Shiney Sheff

Don't be totally fooled by this set, the loco in mine developed a horrible grinding noise when going round a curve section. :thumbsdown:

Lucky for me I bought it from Rails of Sheffield and have replaced the loco.  :thumbsup:

REFaust

Quote from: Shiney Sheff on February 15, 2011, 07:11:25 PM
Don't be totally fooled by this set, the loco in mine developed a horrible grinding noise when going round a curve section. :thumbsdown:

Lucky for me I bought it from Rails of Sheffield and have replaced the loco.  :thumbsup:

Sad to hear you had a problem with yours, but I still think the set is worth looking at. Even if you don't want the track or controller (and an extra controller is always handy) you're getting the Deltic in a unique livery and 2 stanier coaches with exclusive running numbers. As the set can be had for a whisker over £100 that's a good deal I think, though buying from a good retailer is always sensible,

R E Faust

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations