Started by Skyline2uk, March 13, 2020, 10:19:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyline2uk

Hello all

As per title, announcement by Dapol for new HSTs

http://www.dapol.co.uk/Catalogue/22/index.html

And new MK3s

http://www.dapol.co.uk/Catalogue/44/index.html

Note that some HSTs now being offered in Power Car twin sets (of personal interest to me is more Swallow cars) and the reasonable (IMHO) MK3 prices.

Bit of a jump in price for PC / Booksets though.

Also note 2x new liveries, one of which (FGW "Fag Packet") is a swing and a miss for me personally (waiting for new tooling FGW "Merlin"), but suppose that gives the Wallet a rest  :thumbsup:

Skyline2uk

MarshLane

Those two links have gone, both now give 'Coming Soon' pages, with nothing else on them! Wish they would do some early Intercity and Swallow power cars!

Skyline2uk

Quote from: MarshLane on March 13, 2020, 10:26:10 AM
Those two links have gone, both now give 'Coming Soon' pages, with nothing else on them! Wish they would do some early Intercity and Swallow power cars!

Sorry I copied / pasted the links wrong.

Blue / Grey and Swallow are included in this release.

Skyline2uk

njee20

And Executive, so that's a full house of early liveries!

Skyline2uk

Quote from: MarshLane on March 13, 2020, 10:40:26 AM
Just discovered at Rails! £127 for the power cars is good in my view.

https://railsofsheffield.com/manufacturer-dapol-JJJM75?Personalise=false&searchTerm=&Category=Class+43+HST&Gauge=N+Gauge&SortMethod=ProductCodeAscending&PageSize=24

Yes once you take the 15% off it's not too bad.

Certainly has my finger hovering over "pre-order".

I remember the last batch of booksets being close to the £150 RRP though? Or am I looking at the past rose-tinged again?

Skyline2uk

tutenkhamunsleeping

Chris Morris

I had no plan for another HST but a swallow set is very tempting.
Working doesn't seem to be the perfect thing for me so I'll continue to play.
Steve Marriott / Ronnie Lane

davidinyork

No mention of any coaches to go with the EMR set.

VTEC ones are the right base livery (if there are any left), but would need the EMR branding adding to them.

bluedepot

cool

i might order the blue western region one

there dont seem to be enough running numbers for wr tso coaches to go with it but i suppose numbers are so tiny it doesn't really matter if some duplicates

what liveries have yet to be done or announced? just midland mainline?

tim

Skyline2uk

Quote from: bluedepot on March 13, 2020, 05:50:01 PM
cool

i might order the blue western region one

there dont seem to be enough running numbers for wr tso coaches to go with it but i suppose numbers are so tiny it doesn't really matter if some duplicates

tim

....and original FGW "Merlin" (precursor to the "Fag Packet"). That was done by Farish when it first appeared but they never did the TGS or Buffet coaches.

Skyline2uk

davidinyork

Quote from: bluedepot on March 13, 2020, 05:50:01 PM

Not yet done or announced by Dapol:
GW Merlin
FGW Barbie
MML Turquoise
MML Blue
EC Grey (only one coach set ever received this, although most of the power cars did)

Have I missed any?

Plus there are the variations, e.g.:
Virgin original with XC branding
NXEC (EC initial version, which has been done, was the same apart from the branding)
GNER with blue doors and / or white lettering on the power cars

Plus various interim brandings (e.g. MML blue with EMT branding, GNER with white stripe and NXEC branding), and one-offs (e.g. Cotswold Rail Silver, Cotswold Rail Hornby)

njee20

There were two versions of Barbie, one with white cab window surrounds, plus one pair received Dynamic Lines, but yes, those are the ones I can think of too.

GWR-Kris

Pre-Orders the Rails of Sheffield HST model, also noticed the new production run will have the next18 decoders too.

B757-236GT

Quote from: njee20 on March 13, 2020, 06:10:59 PM
There were two versions of Barbie, one with white cab window surrounds, plus one pair received Dynamic Lines, but yes, those are the ones I can think of too.
Indeed you are right. Not all had white surrounds as they found it got too dirty so changed it to blue fairly quickly. Also the early dynamic lines was a graded blue from top to bottom like the DMU fleet was. I think only 004 and 009 and possibly 175 carried that livery though with the rest being plain blue.

This website is a brilliant insight to some of the HSTs through Taunton over the years. https://www.tauntontrains.co.uk/oldsite/HST.htm with many great odd sets.
You want the truth, you cant handle the truth. Welcome to the Fox news channel. (Andy Parsons)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations