Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

I'd be a bit worried about wot they were gonna do with a 6' length of tube as well  ;) ;D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Bob Tidbury

Bealman
Knowing our delivery drivers they would poke it through the letter box .
Bob Tidbury

Newportnobby

It would make one helluva peashooter, something I was infamous for as a kid >:D
Batchelor's dried peas, anyone? ;D

joe cassidy

DRIED peas ?

That explains why my peashooter always got bunged up.

Newportnobby

:laughabovepost: :smiley-laughing:

Somewhere quite close they are obviously building more housing and this week has been a time of piledriving from 08.30 - 17.00 virtually non stop. This reverberates through my little hovel and I end up taking painkillers each day for the headaches it causes. In this day and age can't someone invent a relatively 'quiet' way of building. It's OK if you're out at work all day but if you're retired it's like someone banging on the wall all through the day :(

The Q

Quote from: Bealman on February 01, 2023, 08:57:56 AM
I'd be a bit worried about wot they were gonna do with a 6' length of tube as well  ;) ;D
What did they do with the tube?
Delivered it to my neighbour.. I was sitting in the house with a muggacoffee, he didn't even knock on our front door!!! Mind you it's not due till the 8th!!

Anyway what is it for?

A jib club... Any wiser?

A jib club is the equivalent of a boom on a mainsail.

A boom is the  the horizontal bit of wood or metal at the bottom of the mainsail.

This is for a sailing boat I designed and built myself 25 to 27 years ago. I've rebuilt it over the last few years had one season of sailing since and am now doing some more changes.

stevewalker

I nipped around to see my parents this afternoon and got the news that my sister has breast cancer and is due to start chemo in two weeks. It does not sound good to me as she already has two secondaries, one on her spine and another on a lung.

dannyboy

I am so sorry to hear that Steve. I do have a good idea of what you and your family are feeling, having gone through the same with my sister. I hope there is a happy outcome for you all and my thoughts are with you. By pure coincidence, I have just watched the last episode of 'Happy Valley' and the likeness of my sister to Sarah Lancashire is uncanny and I always think of Diane when I see Sarah Lancashire.  :*(
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

Last week my hard drive decided it didn't want to play ball any more such that last Saturday it took 1½ hours to boot up and then refused to do anything anyway. This was my second Toshiba laptop whose hard drive decided to fail. My computer guru has managed to save a lot but sadly all my opera speed dials have gone and I had about 100 of them :*(
It took me years to collect them and now I have to start again on my 'new' second hand Dell, which at least is far speedier than the Toshiba which was about 10 years old and I was the 3rd owner.
Grrrrr

Bealman

Ah, be philosophical.... look on it as a fresh start.  ;)

Newportnobby

I've remembered 28 sites without too much thinking but it's some of the more 'obscure' ones which will take the time

Bealman

I must admit I'd hate to lose all the photos I've got on there, that's why I've got an external drive. Mind you, I've been too lazy lately to even transfer them to that!

Newportnobby

I have USB drives for pics, vids and documents and am quite good at keeping 'em up to date so that wasn't a worry :sweat:

Graham

I used to have a ritual, back up 1st of every month. Then 4yrs ago I went away on business with a new PC swapped to "one drive" as part of the new pc set up and forgot the back ups at home. Sure enough 18mths ago, home pc data drive decided to die, I had not backed up for 2&1/2 yrs. Luckily I managed to recover most things but it took a lot of effort.
Home pc now fully backed up to "one drive", for a small fee each year I dont have to worry as it automatically goes onto all pc's.

emjaybee

I have my laptop hooked up to BackBlaze. It's a permanent backup that works in the background. It costs me $130 for two years (yes, it's in US Dollars). It has unlimited capacity.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77