Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevewalker

Quote from: Newportnobby on October 07, 2021, 01:38:32 PM
Expensive morning. Firstly the fang doctor relieved my wallet of £158 (with another £50 to go next Monday) and then petrol at Tescos at £134.9/litre so £200 gone all too quickly.
That's 2 N gauge locos (nearly)!!
Or one Farish MK1 coach :-X

£200? A piddling sum! I just had to pay the first 40% of my eldest son's university accommodation costs today ... £2548.24 - eeek! Two installments of £1800-ish in January and April :(

Newportnobby

Yeah but I doubt your son is having a wisdom tooth put in :no:

daffy

Quote from: Newportnobby on October 07, 2021, 09:07:44 PM
Yeah but I doubt your son is having a wisdom tooth put in :no:

So Mick, once this wisdom is 'put in', are we to expect new and astounding insights and percipience from you on a diverse range of subjects? :hmmm:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Newportnobby

See reply #2371
I have been tricked.  No wisdom tooth put in but a tooth forcibly removed, so am now on a diet of salt water and pain killers until the chasm the fang doctor created has healed enough. I hate this making a coffee and then letting it cool down before I can drink it :( Whilst the kettle has boiled I have to dissolve a teaspoon of salt in a mug of water and then let that cool down before using it (I don't have to swallow it, thank goodness)
All this for the cost of a new loco :doh:

dannyboy

@Newportnobby
From what the Fang Doctor said to me a couple of weeks ago, I think I am going to be in the same situation tomorrow afternoon as you are now Mick.  :worried:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

TrevL

Hey Mick, just have them all out and have seats put in, then you can be the Forums official coach :smiley-laughing:
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

daffy

You need to see a different dentist Mick. I've heard Phil McCavity does good remedial work. :D

Sorry to hear you are suffering. I've been waiting for years for a compound wisdom tooth I have to finally reach the 'needs to come out, Sir' stage, and I fear that day is not so far away. Sadly my jaw won't take an implant. :(

After an extraction I use salt washes four times a day for a few days until the blood clot has stabilised then Corsodyl to keep infections at bay and help healing.

Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

mickeyflinn

Quote from: Newportnobby on October 12, 2021, 10:08:07 AM
See reply #2371
I have been tricked.  No wisdom tooth put in but a tooth forcibly removed, so am now on a diet of salt water and pain killers until the chasm the fang doctor created has healed enough. I hate this making a coffee and then letting it cool down before I can drink it :( Whilst the kettle has boiled I have to dissolve a teaspoon of salt in a mug of water and then let that cool down before using it (I don't have to swallow it, thank goodness)
All this for the cost of a new loco :doh:

That's nothing.

About 20 years ago I had both my upper wisdom teeth out, but had to go to Manchester Royal Infirmary to have it done. It was a general anaesthetic procedure and not only did I wake up two teeth shorter than I went in with, I also had a foot shaped bruise on my chest!!!  :o
I think the little blighters liked it in my mouth and didn't want to leave.

I have just been informed by SWMBO that I was in the theatre for most of the day and also had no neck as I was so swollen after the extraction.

The Q

most of you will have two roots to each tooth.. my little sister has 3... it's major surgery to get  one out...

Malc

A crown that was fitted to a post drilled into the root snapped off. The post is still in there and will require surgery to remove it. It isn't doing any harm, apart from spoiling my youthful good looks, so it's staying put.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

thebrighton

I had a wisdom tooth extracted at the dentist around 25 years ago. When at reception waiting to pay the plug in the hole popped out and my mouth filled with blood which I swallowed. The next thing I knew I was being brought round in the waiting room post faint! Of course it could have been the size of the bill that caused it.....

Newportnobby

Quote from: thebrighton on October 12, 2021, 02:42:35 PM
I had a wisdom tooth extracted at the dentist around 25 years ago. When at reception waiting to pay the plug in the hole popped out and my mouth filled with blood which I swallowed. The next thing I knew I was being brought round in the waiting room post faint! Of course it could have been the size of the bill that caused it.....

I wasn't sure which 'rate' to use then - the laugh one or the sad one.
I do recall when I lived in Northampton the lady dentist literally ended up kneeling on my chest while she snapped pieces off a tooth in attempts to remove it :o

I still can't watch the Mr. Bean episode when he did his own teeth without cringing :no:

stevewalker

Quote from: Malc on October 12, 2021, 01:37:47 PM
A crown that was fitted to a post drilled into the root snapped off. The post is still in there and will require surgery to remove it. It isn't doing any harm, apart from spoiling my youthful good looks, so it's staying put.

You may be lucky. I needed work done and the dentist had to remove the crown to do it, but he then found that despite multiple attempts, he could not remove the post and (as it was titanium), he couldn't grind it out either. He referred me to the dental hospital, but a few days later, the post just fell out!

Malc

Quote from: stevewalker on October 12, 2021, 09:13:12 PM

You may be lucky. I needed work done and the dentist had to remove the crown to do it, but he then found that despite multiple attempts, he could not remove the post and (as it was titanium), he couldn't grind it out either. He referred me to the dental hospital, but a few days later, the post just fell out!
You were lucky. Unfortunately about two weeks before it snapped, it fell out. So I visited the emergency dentist who glued it back in. I don't know what glue he used but it defied the best efforts of my dentist to get it out. After 15 years it's shown no signs of dropping out.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations