Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madann01 and 16 Guests are viewing this topic.

Snowwolflair

Book hid first ASAP and when he goes for it they can book his second there, and they have discretion at the vax centre to move it forward.

stevewalker

We have got his first tomorrow, so we'll ask them. Thanks for that.

It's just a pity that they didn't announce that under 18's could get their vaccinations 3 months before their 18th birthday, at least 3 months before the beginning of September - as those born on 31st August are the youngest likely to be going to university this year.

stevewalker

Just decided to do a little polystyrene cutting during my lunch break. Went out to the shed and made two cuts. Towards the end of the second, the batteries were obviously getting a little low, so it was taking a little bit more effort. Got to the end of the cut, the pressure was released and the wire pinged off somewhere.

I moved a load of stuff, but couldn't find it. Suddenly thought that I still had a spare, took a look and there it was. So I fitted it.

I turned to start again, realised I'd left a box out from the search, picked it up and as I put it away, caught the cutter on a leg of the board and pinged that wire off too!

TrevL

Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Papyrus

We appear to have lost control of our fridge...

The family came for dinner on Sunday. Including us there were 7 individuals, two of them toddlers. Somehow we have ended up with 5 part-drunk bottles of wine in the fridge and SEVEN pots of cream (one real, six Elmlea imitation), four of them opened. How did we manage that?

Fortunately, fake cream has a long use-by date, and the wine we can manage  :D . I can't even blame Mrs Papyrus as I do the shopping  :hmmm: . Ah well.

Cheers,

Chris

Malc

Are those part used bottles of wine in fact that mythical beast....left over wine, often mentioned in recipes?
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

NinOz

Just learned of the death of Sean Lock.  Bummer!
One of his jokes I really loved:
"I hear voices in my head; but I just ignore them and carry on killing."
To be called pompous and arrogant - hell of a come down.
I tried so hard to be snobbish and haughty.

| Carpe Jugulum |

Newportnobby

I saw that news yesterday. I found him a bit 'Marmitey' but whichever way you look at it 58 is too young to go :(

Newportnobby

Just tried to order 8 x code 55 curved points + some Peco switches and accessories.
First port of call, my go-to, Rails of Sheffield. Only one of each point in stock. Ordered them and most of the switches etc
Second port of call, Hattons. Rest of the items in stock. Jolly good. After getting several times the message "something has gone wrong - please refresh the page or try later" I gave up and went to Model Railways Direct who, though not the cheapest, had all the rest of the items in stock and their website was easy to navigate/search.
Hattons lost £100 worth of order and Rails could have done better if they had the stock.

Nbodger

Quote from: Newportnobby on September 05, 2021, 05:16:53 PM
Just tried to order 8 x code 55 curved points + some Peco switches and accessories.
First port of call, my go-to, Rails of Sheffield. Only one of each point in stock. Ordered them and most of the switches etc
Second port of call, Hattons. Rest of the items in stock. Jolly good. After getting several times the message "something has gone wrong - please refresh the page or try later" I gave up and went to Model Railways Direct who, though not the cheapest, had all the rest of the items in stock and their website was easy to navigate/search.
Hattons lost £100 worth of order and Rails could have done better if they had the stock.

@Newportnobby
Mick,

That interesting regards Hatton, I purchased some things from there last week, there website failed in four attempts to pay, never taking me to the payment page. Ended up phoning them to buy the items and informed them of the problem, this was last Wednesday and Thursday.

Newportnobby

In total I spent some £185 before postage costs* and would have preferred to source from a single retailer. Hattons just ruled themselves out with a faulty website, but Rails were charging £12.50 for the points whereas MRD were at £15.23. That's a big difference but Rails just didn't have the stock :(

@Nbodger Please do not attempt this with MrsN looking over your shoulder :no:

Flange Squeal

I don't understand why you didn't order the whole lot from RoS and put the out of stock items on back order. Is Peco stuff becoming a rare commodity? I blame brexit!

Newportnobby

Quote from: Flange Squeal on September 05, 2021, 10:47:39 PM
I don't understand why you didn't order the whole lot from RoS and put the out of stock items on back order.

Because I need the points now, not when Peco decide to pull their finger out :)

jpendle

I don't understand why you didn't order the whole lot from RoS and put the out of stock items on back order. Is Peco stuff becoming a rare commodity? I blame brexit!

As I understand things, it IS a rare commodity. Because of Covid. They were shut down for quite a while, lots of people started doing model railways, and I think for a while they re-purposed themselves to do some Covid related stuff. Stock levels still haven't got back to normal.

Regards,

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

emjaybee

Quote from: Newportnobby on September 06, 2021, 10:09:38 AM
I don't understand why you didn't order the whole lot from RoS and put the out of stock items on back order.

Because I need the points now, not when Peco decide to pull their finger out :)

It's the ol' "Six P's" rhyme...

...Poor Planning Prevents Proper Point Purchasing.

:D
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23