Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RailGooner

Quote from: Yet_Another on November 01, 2020, 11:20:16 AM
It's mostly the stupid people who are allowed to vote that I find depressing.

Since ballot forms are normally 100% populated by the stupid, one could argue that only the stupid should be allowed to vote. :D

railsquid

Dear Internet,

I have ordered the item I was researching on line so no need to keep showing me adverts for the exactly the same product or anything remotely like it any more.

Thanks

Railsquid.

dannyboy

Flamin' annoying ain't it? Especially when it is over a fortnight since the item was ordered.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

stevewalker

Particularly when the same adverts pop-up when you wife or child uses the computer and it is instantly obvious what birthday/Christmas presents you've been looking for.

I am fed up of all the tracking that goes on on the internet and the sites that make it very difficult to opt-out, hiding some of the options way down a list that must be opened at each level and individually switched off. The browser already has a Do Not Track setting, just read that and do it! I have no problem with adverts (some sites need them for funding), but I don't want to be tracked and targeted. At the very least a Reject All button (at the top of the page or pop-up) should be mandated.

daffy

I know what one of my Christmas presents will be. My wife bought it from John Lewis using our internet account. I make a point of not looking at the account purchase history this time of year, but I couldn't help but notice the email request I received last week, complete with full colour photo of the item, asking me to review my recent purchase. :doh:

I also dislike it when I look at an item on a website that later sends me an email that says something like "Did you miss something?" or "Did you find something you like?" or "Is there something we can help you with?"
I never reply with what I'm thinking. ;) In fact I never reply!
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

themadhippy

Quoteand the sites that make it very difficult to opt-out,
Better still are those that dont have an opt out option,all you get is "we use cookies bla bla bla ,by clicking proceed you accept this ".
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

Skyline2uk

:'(

Well that teaches me to count my auction wins before they arrive / are tested.

I was over the moon about winning a loco I had wanted for ages (see happy thread). Paid a lot but I considered it worth it.

Now it's here and it's got running issues / damage.

I am now going to have to face the returns process.

Gutted.

:'(

Skyline2uk

dannyboy

Two of Louisa's Aunts have suffered strokes this year. One is currently in a care home as her daughter is unable to look after her 24/7. The other Aunt, Maria, was allowed home from hospital but subsequently re-admitted as she was not eating. We learnt last week that Maria not only had pneumonia, but had caught the  :censored: Covid virus whilst in hospital. Sadly, we have been informed that she passed away this morning. I often spoke with Maria on the telephone and did visit her once on one of my trips back to Bradford. One thing that struck me about Maria was the fact that she still had a strong Italian accent, even though she had lived in Bradford for most of her 80 plus years. A nice lady who will be missed. Because of this  :censored: Covid, neither Louisa nor myself have been back to England for over a year and can not go over now.  I know the health service in England, as here in Ireland and probably worldwide, is under extreme pressure, but you would think, by its very nature, a hospital would be a safe environment. Okay, I will put my practical head on now and realise, by their very nature, hospitals can not be totally safe environments, but still ....  :'(. RIP Maria.
David.

steve836

My condolences David.
Last weekend I had to go into hospital for a minor op. and was swab tested before being given a bed. Fair enough, but the results of the test didn't materialise until after I had left so I rather wonder what's the point as  if I had the virus I would have been admitted, spread the  bug all round the hospital and left before they knew.
I rather think that the new test which gives results within 15 mins would be better used vetting those who need to go into hospital, rather than wasting it by testing the general population of Liverpool.
Rant over.

KISS = Keep it simple stupid

TrevL

Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Snowwolflair

Quote from: TrevL on November 19, 2020, 01:50:23 PM
What's the world coming to???  ???
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54999375

Those of us of a certain age and disposition can always sing along with our preferred words  8)

dannyboy

How ridiculous is that?  :goggleeyes: It is okay to play the original on one BBC channel but not another?  ???

And to quote from the piece
Andy Parfitt, the station's controller at the time, explained the U-turn by saying its audiences were "smart enough to distinguish between maliciousness and creative freedom",
is he saying that the audiences are not smart enough to make the distinction now? I could be offended by the insinuation.
David.

port perran

Quote from: dannyboy on November 19, 2020, 02:00:49 PM
How ridiculous is that?  :goggleeyes: It is okay to play the original on one BBC channel but not another?  ???

And to quote from the piece
Andy Parfitt, the station's controller at the time, explained the U-turn by saying its audiences were "smart enough to distinguish between maliciousness and creative freedom",
is he saying that the audiences are not smart enough to make the distinction now? I could be offended by the insinuation.
My feelings exactly.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

themadhippy

Nice to see the bbc keeping up there double standards,when released spasticus by ian dury was banned,as it was deemed offensive,now there using it as a trailer for one of there programs
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

grumbeast

I'm a firm believer in society changing and becoming more considerate in its choices, however that only works if context is taken into account.. and in this case it's clearly being thrown out, It just goes too far.  When did we become a society of outrage and shaming?  I blame social media myself :( makes me sad

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations