Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpendle

There doesn't seem to be a mildy put out thread, so this one will have to do  :)

I've been eagerly awaiting delivery of 2 brand new Farish CL158's purchased from Kernow last weekend.

Bu Wednesday they had cleared customs in LA and on Thursday they were at a transfer hub in California, but not the one that the USPS normally use for my stuff.
I checked this morning and found out that they had arrived in Oregon and were out for delivery, which was a bit of a surprise because I live in Colorado  :(

Checking again, half an hour ago, and the parcel is back at the Post Office in Oregon and "moving through the system"  :doh:

Hopefully they should be here early next week, we'll see.

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

Newportnobby

By the time you get them they'll be such high mileage you'll need replacements :hmmm:

Newportnobby

Ordered some of that plastic push fit racking from B & Q.
Available online only, not instore.
Click & collect not available on this item - B & Q will deliver F.O.C.
They give themselves a 4 day window in which to deliver.

This is called progress ::)

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Graham

Quote from: jpendle on April 05, 2024, 07:39:48 PMThere doesn't seem to be a mildy put out thread, so this one will have to do  :)

I've been eagerly awaiting delivery of 2 brand new Farish CL158's purchased from Kernow last weekend.

Bu Wednesday they had cleared customs in LA and on Thursday they were at a transfer hub in California, but not the one that the USPS normally use for my stuff.
I checked this morning and found out that they had arrived in Oregon and were out for delivery, which was a bit of a surprise because I live in Colorado  :(

Checking again, half an hour ago, and the parcel is back at the Post Office in Oregon and "moving through the system"  :doh:

John P
have they arrived, looking forward to seeing them running on Wigan Wallgate

emjaybee

Quote from: jpendle on April 05, 2024, 07:39:48 PMThere doesn't seem to be a mildy put out thread, so this one will have to do  :)

John P

USP mailman...

"...oh, THAT Denver!"
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Michael Shillabeer

Quote from: Newportnobby on April 09, 2024, 09:22:40 AMOrdered some of that plastic push fit racking from B & Q.
Available online only, not instore.
Click & collect not available on this item - B & Q will deliver F.O.C.
They give themselves a 4 day window in which to deliver.
Ordered a bathroom tap a couple of Saturdays ago from B&Q with next day delivery (nearest B&Q is half an hour from home)
Parcel arrived before lunch on Sunday :)
Opened parcel to find a roll of tape.....
Phoned helpline who didn't seem to understand..
Phoned again on the Monday. Raised to high priority will hear from them within 72 hours.
Week goes by and I call again and they agree to a refund but they will collect the tape. Told to wait for an email with instructions.
Still no email or refund received...
In the meantime I re-ordered the tap for delivery to a B&Q near work and it all went smoothly :)

dannyboy

Quote from: emjaybee on April 09, 2024, 11:27:06 AMUSP mailman...

"...oh, THAT Denver!"

Happens in Ireland as well - "Your post has been sent to the wrong delivery office. We will still get it to you. It is now in BELTURBET, POST OFFICE at 07:59 on 09 April 2024"

As the crow flies, it nearly went past me to get to Belturbet!  :hmmm:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

jpendle

Quote from: Graham on April 09, 2024, 10:19:47 AMhave they arrived, looking forward to seeing them running on Wigan Wallgate

Looks like they'll be delivered today or tomorrow.

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

Browning 9mm

or next week  :hmmm:

who invented zip codes ?

ahh, that might explain it. :-[

lil chris

Anybody else had problems with car insurance here in the Uk. I was with LV and they wanted £669 an increase of £244. I went on a comparison site and managed to get a quote for £525, a few days later I went on MSE, the Martin Lewis guy and got another quote which was the same comparison site for £505 so I have taken that up. I also made sure I stopped the auto renewal on my old policy. The silly think is the company I will be with is Allianz which owns LV and the insurance is under written by LV.
Chris H.
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

geoffc

Quote from: lil chris on April 11, 2024, 09:37:32 AMAnybody else had problems with car insurance here in the Uk. I was with LV and they wanted £669 an increase of £244. I went on a comparison site and managed to get a quote for £525, a few days later I went on MSE, the Martin Lewis guy and got another quote which was the same comparison site for £505 so I have taken that up. I also made sure I stopped the auto renewal on my old policy. The silly think is the company I will be with is Allianz which owns LV and the insurance is under written by LV.
Chris H.

What car are you insuring, is it electric as most companies have increased premiums due to cases of damage to the battery under-shield and this can necessitate a battery replacement.

Geoff

Bealman

I have given up on this sort of thing. No matter what, you are going to be screwed for insurance products. The best you can do is attempt to minimize the losses.  :(
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

Quote from: lil chris on April 11, 2024, 09:37:32 AMAnybody else had problems with car insurance here in the Uk.

I'm not sure you'll find anyone in the UK who hasn't had a problem with vastly increased premiums and has been forced to shop around.
My own problem is that following a 6 month driving suspension owing to being fitted with a defibrillator I had to explain to my chosen insurer that, yes - I'd have to give up driving for 6 months but, no - my licence had been returned by the DVLA with no restrictions but that if my defibrillator kicked in for some reason I'd have to surrender my licence for another 6 months etc etc.
Some insurers gave me sky high premiums as a result as they obviously didn't want my business.
If I were to change insurer now I'd have to go through the whole messy story again to someone on the end of the phone who probably has not got a clue so I just stump up for an inflated premium safe in the knowledge my insurance company has had the details from Day 1

dannyboy

I am a member of a motoring forum and the number of tales of woe concerning car insurance is frightening. Some companies will not even quote for electric cars. When my insurance came up for renewal in January, I spent a fair chunk of time on the 'phone and internet getting quotes. I eventually went to the current insurer, told them the renewal price was too much and gave them the opportunity to reduce the premium, which they did, to a price I would accept. What really p's me off is that if you complain about the renewal price, they will reduce it - why can't they offer the reduced price in the first place? Pure greed!  >:(
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations