Any news on new models please?

Started by Newportnobby, February 17, 2019, 11:39:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

I know the Chinese New Year is bunging a spanner in the works at present but I have expressed/want to express an interest and, yes, make a deposit even for any of the following:-

RevolutioN Trains
Sturgeons
Cemflos
Class 128
56xx

DJ Models
GWR Mogul

It's just that it's all too quiet at the moment and it's also disappointing to see no reviews in RM for any N gauge stuff, even if it doesn't apply to my era/location.
The evenings are getting lighter, the weather is getting warmer (that on'e tempting fate :uneasy:) so some news would be nice please, chaps.

exmouthcraig

Too true Mick although the bank balance is looking better, until the models get released.

We have a triple of Sturgeons with doors and a triple without on order, I dont want them toooooo soon because this part of the layout is meant to be at the wired up ready to run stage before Sturgeons arrive  :doh:

News on DJM Shark would be nice, I need 2 of them and hope they will be better then I could make from NGS kits.

RailGooner

:hmmm: Sorry chaps, I can't agree. The long shadow of Christmas expense still falls over my finances, so the quieter the better. Plus redundancy looms this year. I'd be happy if things stayed this quiet for another month at least.

Newportnobby

I've paid my deposit on a triple pack of Sturgeons with doors. The last post about Cemflos was November last year!
I want some olive green Mermaids but know they won't happen until the other liveries are sold and I, too, could do with a couple of Sharks (which are actually on pre order but only DJM know more)
For whatever reason, I seem to be in "Can't wait, won't wait" mode, Mr, Rimmer, sir.

Bealman

Yep, think a triple pack of sturgeons is on cards for Bealman, and of course it goes without question that a 128 is on the wish list!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

red_death

I'm afraid that all the latest news is on our website and we won't say something just for the sake of it.

There have been recent updates on the Sturgeon. The rest are in various stages of development. The reality is that we don't put everything out for sale at once so that people can afford different models!

John Stone

As a newbie to  this great hobby I find myself frustrated - especially with Graham Farish. Looking through their 2018 catalogue I was busy picking stuff I just had to have and ofc I'm still waiting. How do they stay profitable? On the same theme I've stopped shopping in my local railway modeller shop - they have no stock either!!

Newportnobby

Sadly the gestation period for Farish can be up to 3 years and for Dapol sometimes double or more that! RevolutioN have brought stuff in a lot quicker but often the industry attitude is "You'll get it when we give it to you. If we give it to you" At least RevolutioN communicate better than the rest.

John Stone

I'll have a look at their web page  :thankyousign:

Shropshire Lad

I spoke to Dave at Stafford, the Sharks are well short of the minimum required to manufacture and as the Dutch mermaids aren't even selling at discounted prices another run of olive green ones looks unlikely.
Cheers Colin

Bob Tidbury

I've sold some old locos and expressed interest in a 128 and the steam loco and the APT e  from REVOLUTION and would love a GT 3 ,I can't help it I just love the unusual things ,I did a swap with Steve Spotter and he's ordered a sturgeon for me . So I will still have to sort out some more unused locos for future new models still Birthday looming up so let's hope the family are going to be generous this year.
Bob Tidbury

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations