Digital photos

Started by Alex, August 19, 2011, 08:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex

Hi,

I've had my digital camera for a number of years now. Its a Kodak Easyshare DX7630. Not the flashiest of cameras I grant you but it suits my needs. I'm a keen amatuer photographer and take my camera with me nearly all the time. I like to stop and take piccies when I go up North on service calls. The scenery in the North of Scotland is absoloutly stunning. My camera has a macro function, which was one of the reasons I bought it, so I can take really close up photos.

I was out fishing with my father-in-law yesterday and during a quite moment, well actually a few hours ;D, I took some photos of the local fauna.

It started to cloud over in the afternoon so I tried to get some atmospheric photos of the clouds.

If anyone wants to post similar photos, please feel free.

Alex

Newportnobby

Nice photos, Alex. I have 'recently' moved into the digital age (about 5 years ago) and up until then carted SLR's and lenses round with me. I've got some great photos but over time have lost the negs. The big reason for going digital was to be able to store shots on my computer and share them. Sadly, all I could afford at the time has no macro function, although every now and then I find myself shocked by just how good a picture my little Panasonic takes. Let's face it, when you start out with a Zenit B (which wasn't even through the lens metering) you can only progress :smiley-laughing:

Alex

Hi,

I took over 500 photos when we were on holiday last week. I would never have done that with my old SLR. Just imagine the cost of developing them all.  :o

Alex

Newportnobby

The digital age has revolutionised so much it's difficult to remember how we managed before :(
I'm even thinking of going digital on my layout but with so many locos I'd have to take a second mortgage :'(

longbridge

Very nice Alex, the DX7630 is a ripper camera and IMO  :thumbsup:the DX series were the best Kodaks made, I have been a member of the DP Review Kodak Talk Forum since 2003 and swear by Kodak digitals, still using a DX6490, DX7590, DX6430 and a C875.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

sawyerm1982

Quote from: newportnobby on August 19, 2011, 11:49:35 PM
The digital age has revolutionised so much it's difficult to remember how we managed before :(
I'm even thinking of going digital on my layout but with so many locos I'd have to take a second mortgage :'(

Tell me about it, the digital age is great although you have to be careful as I have lost lots of digital photos due to computer malfunction, I back them up everywhere now! lol my work laptop is bursting at the seams...  ;)

Tank

Very good pictures.  I rarely use my DSLR these days, and just grab my camcorder which takes 12mp stills.  Not as good quality as the DSLR though!

Alex

Hi,

I have been thinking of upgrading to a DSLR and would really like a Canon but they are still outside my price range.

Alex

Dock Shunter

Stunning pics Alex......Love that shot across the Loch :camera: :thumbsup:
Here's a few i took last winter...i was trying out my new Sanyo Xacti

OwL

Absolutely stunning pictures, Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

Alex

Hi Dock Shunter.

Excellent photos. I like the sunset one, you've really captured the various colours very well indeed.

Alex

longbridge

Just a few shots taken with a Kodak DX7590 and DX6490.

Keep on Smiling
Dave.

scotsoft

Quote from: alex crawford on August 19, 2011, 11:39:28 PM
Hi,

I took over 500 photos when we were on holiday last week. I would never have done that with my old SLR. Just imagine the cost of developing them all.  :o

Alex

That was always in my mind when snapping away with my old Pentax SLR, how much is this going to cost.  Now I just snap away and take multiple shots of the same thing then chose the best ones on my pc.

Quote from: Dock Shunter on August 20, 2011, 11:51:21 AM
Stunning pics Alex......Love that shot across the Loch :camera: :thumbsup:
Here's a few i took last winter...i was trying out my new Sanyo Xacti

I have the Sanyo Xacti, great little thing for videoing and taking stills at the same time.
I also have a few other cameras - just another addiction  ::)

cheers John

Dock Shunter

Dave......the quality of your pictures is simply outstanding....you certainly have an eye for a beautiful
composition....... :thumbsup: :camera:

Newportnobby

Quote from: Dock Shunter on August 20, 2011, 10:13:51 PM
Dave......the quality of your pictures is simply outstanding....you certainly have an eye for a beautiful
composition....... :thumbsup: :camera:

Wot he said. Stunning stuff, Dave :camera: (I still wish Tank would give us that envy button)

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations