Official NGF Coach Tour Participant List and Rules - 2012

Started by guest2, February 10, 2012, 10:59:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony Lloyd

Excellent pictures there Zeffer!

It was received earlier this week, as was my Medite 66 from the raffle, so seemed appropriate that it should delivery the coach to Longford Town ready for the tour.

[smg id=3273 type=av]

Zeffer

Fabulous shots!  I'm glad it arrived and has had such a good run on your layout.  :greatpicturessign:

Tank

Thanks for the pictures.  Glad to see the 66 is in use.  :)  I like what you've done for the entrances on the Peco sheds.

findus

So the forum coach arrived this morning, hope the pictures are clear!
First picture shows the arrival of the coach to scrimpers yard..

UNDER CONSTRUCTION!

Thanks for looking..

Anthony Lloyd

Quote from: Zeffer on January 12, 2013, 05:16:48 PM
Fabulous shots!  I'm glad it arrived and has had such a good run on your layout.  :greatpicturessign:
Thanks guys, the layout is not mine but a non-forum member's as mine is still not as a stage to run anything on. Excuse the selotape holding the platform together but it was too tight for stock to get into the platform without bashing otherwise.

The Peco shed was build and modified by Steven (bees) as this was his layout before he sold it to Andrew. It is usually now a home for the cat unless I go round to "play trains" with him.

Glad the coach made it to you Chris. Some excellent shots you have taken. Liek NPN I too like that Thomas has made an appearance.

Regards, Tony

findus

Findus to polo2k come in polo2k.... please see you private massages and respond back please! im holding the tour coach and your next in line as oldman is not ready!

tadpole

omg! suddenly I'm almost next. Better (a) tidy up my layout, and (b) think of something imaginative to do with the carriage. :help:
Two rails good. Three better.

Tank

tadpole

Thanks Findus, the carriage has arrived safely at Aberdeen/Salisbury.

tadpole

The NGF special arrived at Salisbury South behind a class 71 loco, the consist being as follows:
> a former test coach, still full of gagetry of interest to railfans
> a pullman bar car, NGFers like alcohol in comfort
> la piece de resistance: the NGF tour coach
> a pullman parlour car, NGFers like their comfort
> a boring old Mk1 brake composite. BR insisted on this for "technical reasons".

After making a technical stop at platform 5, she proceeded down the single track branch to Salisbury City. Several EMUs were demoted to the little used platform 3 while the special sat in platform 1, the only one with run-round facilities.

It was then that it was realised the NGFers had drunk the on-board bar dry, and lost interest in the railway gadgetry in the test car. The organisers in their wisdom had considered this possibility, and two beer wagons were rushed down the branch behind a 73, and coupled up in place of the test car, and plumbed-in directly to the bar.

In order to continue its journey west, the new consist then returned to South. An EMU was occupying platform 4 (my fault, sorry!), so it went in to platform 5 and had to shunt to platform 4 where a Warship was attached for the journey to Exeter.

Finally the train was disassembled in the Exeter/Westbury fiddle yard, and the carriage dumped unceremoniously in the DMU stabling point.

Tank

Very good, and I liked the 'alcohol coach' for the NGFer's!   :smiley-laughing:

scotsoft

Very good report of the NGF coach journey, I can only imagine the carnage in the pullman coaches though  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:

cheers John.

tadpole

Adam1701D

Am I going to have to come up with something for 2013? Ideas on a postcard!!  :wave:
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations