The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest311

Quote from: daffy on May 28, 2019, 10:49:46 AM
Quote from: Bob Tidbury on May 28, 2019, 10:28:49 AM
IM GOING TO BE A DOG IN THE NEXT LIFE .Fed and watered cuddles all day that I'm awake can't be a bad life .

:hmmm: What breed of dog will your next reincarnation be Bob? :D

And remember, dogs have a lot of difficulty clipping rail tracks together, and get forced, through abuse of their natural instincts by some humans, to chase after balls and sticks thrown into freezing cold water. :o

my bet would be a german shepherd, or possibly husky, owned by me.

even being an ex-furbox mechanic, all our dogs have been spoiled rotten, mind you they have also had to put up with being trained properly, but even that involves treats.

the odd tennis ball in the fields, but definitely nothing into water, cold or otherwise.

leave that to other breeds.

Bob Tidbury

daffy I think I will be a nice cuddly little dog owned by a very rich YOUNG lady
Bob Tidbury

Newportnobby

I failed to get through to make an appointment for this afternoon, too :veryangry:
It's a small practice with only 2 GPs so, after I nip down to see 70000 'Britannia' at Leyland tomorrow morning, I will be investigating changing my GP.

Dorsetmike

At the practice I'm currently with, an apointment with a doctor 2 - 3 weeks wait, nurse practioner 2 days, or wait in the surgery with parking on the road outside at £1.80/hour. I've only seen a male doctor once in over 4 years, and that was a house call; usually young women doctors - salaried not partners, can be a bit embarassing at times, like with your trousers and pants down and her with a rubber glove on.

They sent me a letter in April asking me to phone for an appointment for a couple of annual reviews with a nurse, appointment is for June 24!!!!!!!!

Luckily I can request my repeat prescriptions on line for delivery; the pharmacy I had at first never looked at the prescriptions on line until you phoned up asking where your pills were, the one I'm with now delivers within 48 hours or less of me requesting.

One thing we have care line in these flats, ambulance and paramedics within minutes of pulling the cord or hitting the button

This all contrasts with the practice I was with before moving,I'd been with them for 23 years, never waited longer than next day for an appointment and only saw a woman doctor twice
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Newportnobby

My current practice is just round the corner from where I used to live and is also on the road to where I used to work but seeing as I moved to my bungalow 7 years ago and finished work 5 years ago, now seems a good time to find a place nearer and with better facilities e.g. more doctors, better parking, better hours etc. I have my prescriptions sent to my local pharmacy and collect them from there so no issues with them.

broadsword

Re docs, If you need attention I don't care if they're male or female, as long as they
do their job and can consult when required. No Carry On jokes please ...
(all male docs and all female nurses).

Bealman

When I arrived here in 1974 (off the convict ship, as NewportNobby insists on telling people), I found myself a GP who turned out to be really good.

Unfortunately he died about 15 years ago and I didn't find out for a while after. By the time I did, all my paper medical records had disappeared.

Since then I've had about 6 or 7 different GPs, just at the time in life when you really need someone who knows you and your medical history well.

I have only being seeing the latest one for 6 months. Of course these days I get appointment reminders on me phone (don't forget we pay for consultations here), along with offers such as free flu jabs on certain days.

Ah well, c'est la vie here at the Antipodes.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Bealman on May 28, 2019, 11:58:46 PM
When I arrived here in 1974 (off the convict ship, as NewportNobby insists on telling people)

I note you haven't actually denied it yet, though, George :hmmm: ;D

Dorsetmike

Might this be why he was on that convict ship?

Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

TrevL

Can we used that gentleman's name as an alternative swear word on the forum please?  ;)
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Bealman

Quote from: Dorsetmike on May 29, 2019, 04:47:24 PM
Might this be why he was on that convict ship?

Whale oil beef hooked.

Not guilty of that one, m'lud.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Dorsetmike

The bridge referred to is reckoned to be the oldest in Dorset, some other old bridges carry the same notice.

http://www.whitemill.org/z0005.htm

(click on images for larger)
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

The Q

Quote from: Dorsetmike on May 30, 2019, 10:44:47 AM
The bridge referred to is reckoned to be the oldest in Dorset, some other old bridges carry the same notice.

http://www.whitemill.org/z0005.htm

(click on images for larger)
i thought the various clapper bridges were meant to be much older

Dorsetmike

Clapper bridges are more primitive than Whitemill more like stone slabs bridging betwen stepping stones, there may have been one at this site before the present structure

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clapper_bridge
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

Skyline2uk

It's insurance renewal time again and I can definitely say not all insurance companies are created equal.

Car insurance was dealt with last week and for the third year in a row we will be staying with Aviva. I have absolutely no problem with these guys and happily recommend them  :thumbsup:

Today, having received a "reminder" (no, it's actually a missive) from the home insurance provider, that needs sorting. I write this on the Angry Thread because of the sentence "we will take payment automatically".

:veryangry: :censored:

No.

I never ever agree to that and it flipping annoys me. Add to that the fact that said premium has gone up over 25% (must have been an "introductory offer" last year  ::)) and it's almost certain this bunch of cowboys will be told to do one.

And the name? Let's just say they would be very highly ranked in the Navy.

Skyline2uk 

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations