UK-Aus Mail Services

Started by Stuart Down Under, April 20, 2020, 03:02:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonHarbour

Interested to see the gap between 02/20 and 03/20 for me!
Still planning a layout...

railsquid

Quote from: railsquid on June 03, 2020, 04:50:51 PM
Right, well as the pound has resumed its recently customary position gibbering atop Beachy Head, I have sneaked in an order from Hattons for the first time since forever, which is tempting fate and no doubt will herald a crash in global postal services.

Arrived today, so 9 days from date of order, which is about par for the course in normal times. Of course it arrived while no-one was at home, but because this is Japan I scanned in the QR code on the note, input a couple of details in to the form presented and 45 minutes later it arrived again :D

Now I just have to remember what it is I ordered  :hmmm:

Stuart Down Under

Hooray! Journal 3/20 here today. Nothing outstanding, so I think the service is pretty well back to normal.
:thumbsup:

1936ace

i have had big differences between parcels.
A hattons order took two months, 2/20 only recently  just arrived while a kernow order from june was less then a week

Bealman

Yeah, still waiting for the latest NGSJ here.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Bealman

Spoke too soon. It arrived today!

1936ace

Might get a surprise when i get home from work then if you got yours today mate

JonHarbour

Woo-hoo! NCS Journal 3/20 landed in my mailbox today.  :claphappy:
Still planning a layout...

Bealman

They must have all come on the same banana boat  ;)

1936ace

so not fair!
Just rang home and got the better half to head out to the mail box.
No journal. :'(

Bealman

Graham

Had an interesting delivery yesterday, back in post 4 of this thread I mentioned I was waiting on a delivery from Revolution. Through many posts I bemoaned the fact I was still waiting, well yesterday these little beauties turned up.

After many weeks where they were unable to be posted as RM was not taking parcels to finally being posted in early June when Ben was able to send me a tracking number. I religiously checked every morning for progress follow the RM website telling me it was prepared for export on 16th June. On Monday 6th July the RM website was still telling me the same. Miraculously as i mentioned above they made it to Melbourne in 24hrs, brilliant. Not sure how they did that, must have used one of those mythical hypersonic planes to make the delivery.

Regardless thanks to @Ben A and @red_death for another stunning model.

Platy767

Just got a delivery from a nice model shop in Devon sent on my 21/7. Just over 2 weeks, pretty good I think.

Mark

Newportnobby

Just been to the Post Office to send a parcel to Bruce Downunder in Oz. I could have 'Tracked' or 'Signed for' but not both.
If 'Tracked' then it is monitored to the town/city's distribution depot but no further.
If 'Signed for' then you have to wait and see if Bruce signs for his parcel, but if he doesn't then no one knows where the hell your parcel is as it's not been tracked.
How farcical is that?
Needless to say I went for the tracked option as, at least if Bruce doesn't get his parcel, we all know who last had it which, as it's insured anyway, struck me as best. :unimpressed:

Bealman

Bruce lost his old British passport because it wasn't signed for when it was returned after getting the new one.

Bruce has no idea what happened to that.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations