Uk based with plenty of american

Started by 123standish, February 14, 2022, 08:11:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

123standish

Hello, can anyone recommend a show which is in the Uk but often has plenty of US layouts and traders?

Thanks

NScaleNotes

Don't know if it would qualify as plenty but The International N Gauge Show otherwise known as TINGS usually has at least a few US or Canadian layouts with traders that have some North American stock.
I've been a couple of times, it's worth a visit.

Ali Smith

Have a look at the NMRA British Region website. Any events they have on will be exclusively North American. NTRAK UK is happening at the Trouville Hotel in Bournemouth on 4th - 6th March. It is a weekend event with people staying in the hotel but you can attend just on the Saturday if you wish. There will be two large modular layouts, a couple of traders from USA (covid permitting) and some bring and buy.

Newportnobby

As far as traders go, I know Plus Daughters do a lot of US stuff, and their website also has a 'diary dates' page

https://www.plusdaughters.co.uk/railways.html

123standish

Quote from: NScaleNotes on February 14, 2022, 10:05:46 AM
Don't know if it would qualify as plenty but The International N Gauge Show otherwise known as TINGS usually has at least a few US or Canadian layouts with traders that have some North American stock.
I've been a couple of times, it's worth a visit.

Yes thanks, absolutely will be going to that!

123standish

Quote from: Ali Smith on February 14, 2022, 10:15:11 AM
Have a look at the NMRA British Region website. Any events they have on will be exclusively North American. NTRAK UK is happening at the Trouville Hotel in Bournemouth on 4th - 6th March. It is a weekend event with people staying in the hotel but you can attend just on the Saturday if you wish. There will be two large modular layouts, a couple of traders from USA (covid permitting) and some bring and buy.

Another good link thanks. I am based in north lincs so a little far I am afraid.

123standish

Quote from: Newportnobby on February 14, 2022, 11:58:03 AM
As far as traders go, I know Plus Daughters do a lot of US stuff, and their website also has a 'diary dates' page

https://www.plusdaughters.co.uk/railways.html

Strangely I did stumble across their website but all the dates (or lack of them) refer to 2020. Will keep an eye on for an update though.

texhorse

Have a look at the Mech Models website.

They are having an Americana weekend at their store near Burton on Trent in April.  It's not that far from Lincoln!

I'll be there helping out on "Squaw Falls", an N Scale Chicago Northwestern layout.

Andy
UK
Montrose and Highland Railroad
"Gotta Keep Movin' On!"

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £60.23
Below Goal: £39.77
Site Currency: GBP
60% 
April Donations