Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotsoft

Quote from: whiteswan on November 11, 2012, 09:55:07 PM
who's a happy teddy then (but still nursing a sore cut finger and don't care  :) )

How on earth did you manage to cut your paw on a chopstick?  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:

daveg

Sounds like a good night out, Caz. We pay that much for a small take-away for two here in chilly Sevenoaks!

Here's pic of one of my fave 65th birthday presents - a GF BR Standard Class 4MT. Run in nicely and looking lovely:

Dave G

Caz

Quote from: scotsoft on November 11, 2012, 10:10:22 PM
Quote from: whiteswan on November 11, 2012, 09:55:07 PM
who's a happy teddy then (but still nursing a sore cut finger and don't care  :) )

How on earth did you manage to cut your paw on a chopstick?  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:

Not on a chopstick, even I can't manage that  :laughabovepost:   see http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=1724.msg97185#msg97185
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Trainfish

Just ordered 15 more Yeoman wagons to go with the 26 I have. Now all I need is for Dapol to hurry up and bring out the class 59 in Yeoman livery. Oh and I really must get some track laid too   :goggleeyes:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Trainfish

oops, just won 4 more on ebay too. I'm starting to wonder just how many I need now...................
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Pengi

My football team have won another match! Happy days (well for a week anyway). Come on lads, prove the TV pundits and doomsayers wrong!
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

guest373

Just had news from my eldest daughter who had a scan today, and is expecting a baby brother for my grand-daughter. :bounce:

scotsoft

Quote from: gawain on November 26, 2012, 06:17:26 PM
Just had news from my eldest daughter who had a scan today, and is expecting a baby brother for my grand-daughter. :bounce:

Congratulations gawain, I have no doubt all of the family will be very happy with this news  :thumbsup:
I hope everything goes smoothly for mum and baby  ;)

cheers John.

Newportnobby

Fantastic news, Gawain! :claphappy:
Time to start thinking of that N gauge starter set :D

Jerry Howlett

Congrats, next trip to the UK will be when our son's first child is born sometime in January.  :claphappy:

I'm to young to be another Grandad  :veryangry: :veryangry:
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

guest373

Congrats Jerry

I have more happy news, my youngest daughter (of 2) had her 12 week scan today and baby is fine and all there :claphappy:  :bounce:.  Youngest daughter lives in South West Scotland, baby due beginning of June, eldest daughter lives about 5 miles away and baby due middle of April.
Next Spring will interesting and busy, and more travelling.   

Tony

scotsoft

Quote from: gawain on November 27, 2012, 05:50:02 PM
I have more happy news, my youngest daughter (of 2) had her 12 week scan today and baby is fine and all there :claphappy:  :bounce:.  Youngest daughter lives in South West Scotland, baby due beginning of June

Even better news, grandchild No 2 will be part of the master race  :D
You must be overjoyed with this second lot of news.

Congratulations to all concerned  :claphappy:

cheers John.

bigbear

Quote from: Irish Padre on April 10, 2011, 09:20:03 PM
Some great happy news on here ;D ;D ;D

My happy news is; am 40 today ???  :beers:and my beautiful wife has bought me not one but two Union Mills locos - a 3F and 'cauliflower'. 3F in my hand and other one on order. And she took me to Gaugemaster where I bought some necessary items and gazed longingly at many others.............................

More good news is that I sold my layout on eBay, without making too much of a loss :smiley-laughing:

So I can now build my double-track Peco planned circuit on a 3'6" by 2'3" board, and I've bought the track and Morley controller already!!! Lots of layout construction coming up!!!

David

Happy Birthday Good Sir!

I'm happy because it isn't my birthday... It was on Sunday - 58  :worried: - and I have always disliked it! Somehow it has never seemed a particularly fun day and I am always glad when it's over.

Glad to hear that yours was such a success, thuogh and can't wait to see some shots of your layout!!!

What's your minimum curve radius? I've got a 2' 6" board with a little track installed at the moment and have been wrestling to fit the biggest radius I can on it. My problem is that I also want to fit a high level branch line in too, so have to have enough height to fit in the incline...

Any suggestions welcome!

bigbear

Oh Bl**dy hell!

I've just noticed that my quote above was from an old posting... Bah! Still glad you had a good birthday, but feel a little foolish, nonetheless! I will try harder!  :)

Newportnobby

Quote from: bigbear on November 27, 2012, 08:55:28 PM
Oh Bl**dy hell!

I've just noticed that my quote above was from an old posting... Bah! Still glad you had a good birthday, but feel a little foolish, nonetheless! I will try harder!  :)

It must be a 'late 50's' thing 'cos I am just as bad :worried:

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations