Explanation of Symbols

Started by Belated, July 06, 2013, 08:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belated

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this or even if it is answered somewhere - I haven't been able to find it in the places I thought right to look. :helpneededsign:

Can someone tell me what the symbols on the left of a topic title mean, please?

I am looking also for a way to mark topics as 'read or not of interest' to reduce the quantity of posts displayed when I select 'unread posts since last visit' - I know this may be sacrilege but there are some things I'm not interested in.
:thankyousign:
John
John

scotsoft

Quote from: Belated on July 06, 2013, 08:35:58 PM
Can someone tell me what the symbols on the left of a topic title mean, please?
The symbols are just little icons that can be changed to reflect the topic, although they are rarely used.
If you left click on the icon you will get a list of icons available to use.
This icon may be set when you originally write your message  ;)

I am looking also for a way to mark topics as 'read or not of interest' to reduce the quantity of posts displayed when I select 'unread posts since last visit' - I know this may be sacrilege but there are some things I'm not interested in.
:thankyousign:
John

When going through the list of unread topics, it may be worth your while right clicking on the ones you are interested in and opening them in a new tab to read them there.
Once you have done that with all of the ones you are interested in you can mark the rest read.
Someone may come up with a better idea  :idea:

cheers John

Newportnobby

Quote from: scotsoft on July 06, 2013, 08:47:37 PM

When going through the list of unread topics, it may be worth your while right clicking on the ones you are interested in and opening them in a new tab to read them there.
Once you have done that with all of the ones you are interested in you can mark the rest read.
Someone may come up with a better idea  :idea:

cheers John

That's what I would also suggest. It's always a good idea to have 2 tabs open to make cross referencing easier :thumbsup:

Belated

I understand what you are saying, Scotsoft and NPN, but I was hoping for a way to shorten the list.  I get from 1 to 3 pages of topics with new posts, I'm not gaining a lot - that I can see - from your suggestion.  I often open them in a new tab, anyway.  Frex, I rarely/never look at the Jokes, good as they are - don't have time.  :( person I am.

John
John

Oldman

Cant run through it at presentt as using my phone but there is a way of not showing sections that dont interst you in the profile section.
Someone will correct me if i'm wrong as usual
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

trainsdownunder

Quote from: Oldman on July 06, 2013, 11:28:55 PM
Cant run through it at presentt as using my phone but there is a way of not showing sections that dont interst you in the profile section.
Someone will correct me if i'm wrong as usual
:thumbsup:

That is correct.

Go to your Profile. Click on Modify Profile, then click on IGNORE BOARD OPTIONS and there you can select areas to be ignored.

:welcomesign:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations