Sonic announce Newton Chambers TCV Anglo-Scottish Car Carriers in N gauge!

Started by NGS-PO, April 27, 2023, 11:30:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dalek

Dalek

Quote from: NGS-PO on May 10, 2023, 03:04:12 PM
Hello Craig,

My rakes will be as found in the carriage marshalling document for 1964 which has been confirmed with contemporary photographs:

8.10pm Perth to London Holloway (9.20pm London Holloway to Perth)
TCV
TCV
TCV
TCV
TCV
TCV
SLSTP
SLSTP
SLSTP
SLSTP
SLSTP
BSK (The marshalling document says BSO, but we don't have one of them so a BSK will have to do).

Also in the '66 timetable, the overnight train had an RU from Perth

There was also a day train from 1966 (possibly '65?) as well that looked like this:

10.08 Perth to London Caledonian Road (07.51 London Caledonian Road to Perth)
TCV (Added at Newcastle)
TCV
TCV
TCV
TCV
TCV
RU
FO
FK
BSK (See above re BSO)

I hope that is helpful.

Best

Scott.

Are those SLSTP 1st or 2nd class or would it have been a mixture ?

Craig

Dalek

Ahh hang on, i think they would have all been 2nd class as far as i can work out, i think

Craig

NGS-PO

If you know someone who's depressed, please resolve never to ask them why. Depression isn't a straightforward response to a bad situation; depression just is, like the weather.Try to understand the blackness, lethargy, hopelessness, and loneliness they're going through. Be there for them when they come through the other side. It's hard to be a friend to someone who's depressed, but it is one of the kindest, noblest, and best things you will ever do."

(PLEASE NOTE: Unless where obviously posting on behalf of the NGS, all posts and views are my own and not connected/endorsed by the Society.)

Dalek

NGS-PO

If you know someone who's depressed, please resolve never to ask them why. Depression isn't a straightforward response to a bad situation; depression just is, like the weather.Try to understand the blackness, lethargy, hopelessness, and loneliness they're going through. Be there for them when they come through the other side. It's hard to be a friend to someone who's depressed, but it is one of the kindest, noblest, and best things you will ever do."

(PLEASE NOTE: Unless where obviously posting on behalf of the NGS, all posts and views are my own and not connected/endorsed by the Society.)

Western Exile

Quote from: joe cassidy on April 27, 2023, 08:56:54 PM
Will those who put this at the top of their wish list please step forward.

They've never been on my wish list but then I saw a picture of them that was taken at Teignmouth and before I knew it I'd ordered all nine for my 1980s West Country layout  ::)
(not Dr.) Al

martyn

Sonic have been informed that an undecorated set of EP models will be shipped in early July and be in the UK for the end of the month. It had been hoped that these would be decorated samples, but the factory have said not.

It is intended that these will be shown at TINGS for all to see.

Martyn

NGS-PO

Thanks for all the Sonic updates, Martyn. Much appreciated. Seems you were pretty much spot on with the J50 schedule.

I'm in no hurry for the TCVs, as you know, but it's good to hear about the progress.

Best

Scott.

martyn

Sonic have now received the EP2 samples and are hoping to get the decorated samples this month.

I have a photo of EPs, and I'm desperately trying to work out how to get it on the Forum!

Martyn

Newportnobby

Quote from: martyn on November 19, 2023, 05:12:26 PMClick on image to magnify it.

Or better - right click on the image and then click on 'Open image in new tab' which gives a bigger view

Bob Tidbury

Never mind car carriers where is the Prairie  we saw one running last year at Tings and still no news .

steam-driven boy

Hi,
Quote from: Bob Tidbury on November 20, 2023, 08:23:26 AMNever mind car carriers where is the Prairie  we saw one running last year at Tings and still no news .

martyn did post in that topic yesterday (#14):
QuoteBy coincidence, Sonic received production (I think) samples a few days ago, and after examination, these have been passed to Rails for their assessment, and, hopefully, more of an update.

Things are happening and they are progressing, but not as quickly as Sonic, and we, the customers, had hoped.

Martyn
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=59443.0
Easy to miss if you weren't looking at the time as these are in widely distanced topics on this forum.

Regards,Gerry.
...being a bear of very little brain...

martyn

As per my previous post, Sonic have received the EP2 samples for this.

Here is an update direct from Sonic;

"The previous EP1 sample, after testing, revealed the need to adjust the buffer length to prevent buffer locking on curved track.

(snip) Sonic is now awaiting production livery samples which are currently en route to the UK"

" Sonic will be announcing another N gauge model next week revealing EP samples".

The (snip) is because I have two photos of the EP2s, which I will upload with a further comment from Sonic when I post them. The comment is pointless without the photos, as it points out details on the models.

Martyn

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations