The domestic black hole

Started by Papyrus, May 09, 2024, 11:47:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

You and me both, but my missus isn't quite so nice about it  :no:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Bob Tidbury

Its funny , this thread has just reminded me I had a bargain Dapol Britania that I got from Ron Lines at Eastliegh show a few years ago and have no idea where it is like everyone else I have searched everywhere except where it is hiding .
I expect next time I go down the shed it will be on the stock shelf right in front of me .
As for pens there must be dozens somewhere in the house but we can never find one to write a number down .
Bob

Newportnobby

I've had to try to get organised as I used to have a really bad reputation for buying things I'd already got. For some reason Peco tunnel portals were an Achilles heel as I'd buy a pack, get home and find the ones I already had.
Time was I'd meet with fellow forumites at a show and be asked "Bought any Peco tunnel portals yet, Mick?" :-[

Papyrus

That's the reverse of my problem, Mick. I know I've bought stuff but it's vanished into thin air!

Cheers,

Chris

Newportnobby

Quote from: Papyrus on May 10, 2024, 04:06:26 PMThat's the reverse of my problem, Mick. I know I've bought stuff but it's vanished into thin air!

Cheers,

Chris

Could it be 'The Borrowers'? :uneasy:

cmason

"I'm gonna put this somewhere safe" is an incantation of an ancient priesthood that has been passed down through the millennia that opens a portal to a random point in another timeline, through which all safely kept things travel, never to be seen again....

cmason

Quote from: cmason on May 10, 2024, 04:29:51 PM"I'm gonna put this somewhere safe" is an incantation of an ancient priesthood that has been passed down through the millennia that opens a portal to a random point in another timeline, through which all safely kept things travel, never to be seen again....

Of course the domestic high priestess or the novices (i.e. our daughters) that work under her do seem to possess some knowledge of the necessary incantations (spells?) that can bring some things back into this timeline... if I make the necessary sacrifices at the altar in order to persuade them to use their skills to help me out....

chrism

Quote from: cmason on May 10, 2024, 04:29:51 PM"I'm gonna put this somewhere safe" is an incantation of an ancient priesthood that has been passed down through the millennia that opens a portal to a random point in another timeline, through which all safely kept things travel, never to be seen again....

until a replacement is sourced and put somewhere safe, at which point the original appears.

Dickydcc

Blimey I thought it was only me that keeps losing stuff! Tools mostly but I've had stock " go missing", some of which herself pointed out I had sold.......

JBQFC

I have just started a TPM 442 kit i have had for years i was sure i had got transfers for it but could not find them so i order some new ones guess what the new ones arrive I open a draw to put them away to see the missing set looking at me I looked in that draw twice oh well i have spares if i muck the job up 

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £15.67
Below Goal: £84.33
Site Currency: GBP
16% 
May Donations