Dapol Light Bulleid Pacifics

Started by Dancess, February 11, 2012, 12:48:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dancess

Hi, Has anyone an idea when these are due to be released?

Many thanks.
S&D lives on - sort of!

Karhedron

Dapol have not announced dates yet but I think the LNER pacifics are ahead of them in the queue. The only upcoming model I have heard announced so far is that they hope to get the N gauge Western done in time for Warley.
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

JRS747

Nearly five years after the announcement Dapol have found that they don't have a suitable motor for the new drive in the Bulleid light pacifics (source Joel Dapol on Dapol digest 15th June). Joel says they are "prioritising the project". Me, I'm looking at the Farish Merchant Navy, at least it is available, I just wish they did one in full Southern livery rather than the transitional livery on New Zealand Line. I'll be dead or gaga by the time the Dapols appear.

John
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool

MKP

I am sure Farish will produce one in the southern livery but I don't think they produced any coaches for southern livery so made sense to do BR livery versions first.

Karhedron

Maybe get New Zealand line in the interim and then sell it on once the Light Pacifics are available. My Bulleid 3-set is currently being hauled by a 3MT. At least there is a prototype for everything.

Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Karhedron

Quote from: MKP on August 05, 2016, 01:14:43 PM
I am sure Farish will produce one in the southern livery but I don't think they produced any coaches for southern livery so made sense to do BR livery versions first.
I am not sure they will. Farish have modelled 35021 - 35030 which were only delivered after Nationalisation and so never carried true Southern livery. The previous batch (35011 - 35020) had several detail differences and so would require a retooling to produce. The reason Farish went for the 3rd batch was that they were designed based on the assorted modifications that the previous 2 batches had accumulated up until that point. They were not significantly modified until they were rebuilt.

The earlier batches looked quite different when new and so modelling them in their early days becomes a bit of a minefield. Farish took the pragmatic approach to produce the post-nationalisation design, especially as their SR coaches were also post nationalisation.

MKP

I think you need a different cab also a different tender for version 2 but here's hoping

ohlavache

For the Farish version, does anyone know which livery would be suitable for the Night Ferry ?

Karhedron

Quote from: ohlavache on August 05, 2016, 06:42:16 PM
For the Farish version, does anyone know which livery would be suitable for the Night Ferry ?
All of them.

Merchant Navies hauled the Night Ferry from the restoration of the service after WW2 through to the Kent Coast electrification (by which time the MNs had been rebuilt). Here is a photo of 35029 decked out to haul the Night Ferry in BR Early Crest livery.

Stuart Down Under

Yippee! According to January Model Rail, Dapol's light pacifics are back on - eta early 2020!
:claphappy: :claphappy: :claphappy:

Bob Tidbury

:sorrysign: Karhedron I'm not getting a picture just a blank square which if you click on just says loading  with the little wizzy wheel.
Bob Tidbury

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations