RIP Peter Green

Started by port perran, July 25, 2020, 04:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

port perran

Sad news today that another music legend has left us.
Peter Green was a gifted guitarist and the inspiration behind the great Fleetwood Mac before they reformed and became a pop group.
RIP Peter.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Southerngooner

Sad news indeed. I liked Fleetwood Mac v1 much more than the later poppy version.
Dave

Builder of "Brickmakers Lane" and member of "James Street" operating team.

Trainfish

Very very sad. He influenced so many on the blues scene including but not limited to one of my favourite guitarists Gary Moore. So many looked up to him and he did it for the love of the music rather than the financial gain. Gave away loads of his money earned with Fleetwood Mac I believe. The number 1 track he wrote is probably Albatross which most people over the age of 35 (maybe 40) will know and will have played air guitar to. A sad loss indeed  :(
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Newportnobby

One of the blues greats. Tragic. For someone who had such a troubled life it's nice he just slipped away in his sleep. RIP Peter :(

Bealman

Yes, another sad loss. Interestingly, back in the sixties, it was Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac. Oh well.

Fly with the albatross, Peter.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

chrism

Quote from: Bealman on July 25, 2020, 11:15:45 PM
Yes, another sad loss. Interestingly, back in the sixties, it was Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac. Oh well.

Only, IIRC, for the first album, "Fleetwood Mac". The first single and all subsequent releases were just Fleetwood Mac.

He named the band after the rhythm section, i.e. Mick Fleetwood and John McVie, in the hope of persuading McVie to join - which he was reluctant to do at first. Fleetwood had joined immediately, having been sacked from the Bluesbreakers but McVie initially preferred the steady income from remaining there. He joined within weeks of Fleetwood Mac's first gig.

Newportnobby

I have some of the early 45s and the B side of 'Man of the World' is a track entitled 'Someone's gonna get their head kicked in tonite' with the band name of 'Earl Vance and the Valiants' :D
(Not my spelling of tonight :no:)

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations