The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dock Shunter

Quote from: oldrailbug on October 25, 2011, 09:29:54 PM

Easy to understand why people get cranky, all this buying on line is great but it seems many people are put off by the delivery methods.
I worked in the Post Office as a postie from 1965 to 1989 and would be very hesitant buying on line because of the things I have seen.
One minor example was  a postman who refused to take a 12inch LP record up to the door for delivery instead he leaned it against a brick wall, the people complained so next time they got a record delivered he snapped it in half and shoved it into their letterbox.

Usually i go to Hattons personally as i only live a 10/15 min drive away.....
but thinking that the 121s were going to fly off the shelves i decided to pre order....
the funny thing about it all is my parcel went from Hattons warehouse to Yodel in Manchester but to get to Manchester it had to go through the town where i live to get there..........

jonclox

:'( forced to stay clear of all modelling for about a week to save the 'smells/vapours etc' aggravating a heavy chest/throat infection
Feels like I have swallowed/inhaled a bucket full of powdered glass fragments
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Newportnobby

Quote from: jonclox on November 11, 2011, 02:22:18 PM
:'( forced to stay clear of all modelling for about a week to save the 'smells/vapours etc' aggravating a heavy chest/throat infection
Feels like I have swallowed/inhaled a bucket full of powdered glass fragments

Hope you feel better soon and are back modelling :thumbsup:

Fratton

Finally got round to converting my class 37 to DCC today soldering was very clean and strong even for me, put one motor side together then while doing the second

PING!

Motor brush spring goes off into oblivion that is the carpet

now waiting on 3 pairs to arrive to finish the job and keep spare,,,,

not happy with myself,,
Charlie.

Bikeracer

I had the nominal 6mm plywood cut and delivered for my baseboard supports,not very impressed because it only measures 5mm thick and seems to be two outer layers of a thin veneer with a filler between,not what I really expected for three ply but I just ordered it without actually seeing it.

Called in this morning and ordered wood for the baseboard legs and a sheet of ply for the trackbed,when it was delivered it is a totally different ply,this one has three equal thicknesses and is more like a proper plywood.

I should never have assumed that there would be different grades from the same supplier,too late to start over now Grrrr.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

Tank

I've had an awful migraine for about 20 hours.  Nothing is touching it.  :(  I've had to turn the brightness on my monitor right down, so I won't be reading much of the forum this morning. :thumbsdown:

jonclox

Quote from: Tank on November 16, 2011, 09:27:57 AM
I've had an awful migraine for about 20 hours.  Nothing is touching it.  :(  I've had to turn the brightness on my monitor right down, so I won't be reading much of the forum this morning. :thumbsdown:
Right....been there done that many many times so.........
Turn off all music, turn off your monitor or at the very least only view it through a pair of Polaroid sun glasses. (I once had to drive home from the theatre in pitch blackness wearing sunglasses as it was the only way my eyes would focus see anything)
Eat/drink nothing for 24 hours.just rest in a dark room away from all disturbance.
Start up at the end of that time very slowly and, avoid booze, cheese, chocolate for about 3 days.
Good luck
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

longbridge

Nothing worse Chris, I get one every couple of years but thankfully it eases after I have vomited, take care mate our thoughts are with you.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Rod

Quote from: Tank on November 16, 2011, 09:27:57 AM
Have you tried naratriptan, e.g. Naramig? Knocks you out for about 12 hours but shifts the migraine.
Rod

Tank

Thanks chaps.  It's eased off a bit with Co-codamol, but I'm feeling a little dizzy.  At least the missus is keeping quiet, as I said loud noises hurt. ;) ;D

I haven't heard of Naratriptan Rod, but I'll look out for it.  It sounds powerful!  :) :sleep:

poliss

I get Imigran (Sumatriptan) from my doctor. It's the only thing that will touch my migraines. Without them I'm stuck in bed for 3 days.  :( Migraleve and Diclofenac work for others.

Rod

Quote from: Tank on November 16, 2011, 12:44:01 PM

I haven't heard of Naratriptan Rod, but I'll look out for it.  It sounds powerful!  :) :sleep:
I should have said naratriptan is only available on prescription to my knowledge.
Rod

zwilnik

Ibuprofen + paracetamol at the first sign of a bad one building. (they're safe to take together and the new branded one is basically both together but pricier). Main thing I found was changing lots of lifestyle factors (hydration, diet, blood pressure etc.) to avoid them in the first place. Gone from at least 3 days a week being out of action with killer migraines to none in the last year or so (knock on wood).

Rod

Lifestyle changes certainly have a dramatic effect, I think stress is the main cause of migraines.
In my case it was stopping full-time work. It took a couple of years but then they virtually stopped altogether.
Rod

Kipper

How well do you sleep, and do you snore a lot? I used to get bad migraines, and also used to sleep at the drop of a hat. GP sent me for tests and found I had sleep apnia (still don't know how to spell it!). This causes me to wake up every few seconds, indicated by jerking and snorting, and means I never get any deep sleep. It is treated by having an air pump forcing air down my throat via a face mask (not as bad as it sounds), which keeps my throat open and gives me a deep sleep. Not had a migraine since. Have a word with your GP.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations