THE RESULTS OF THE NGF POLL

Started by Newportnobby, June 28, 2012, 05:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H

Quote from: Fratton on June 30, 2012, 11:45:30 PM
Quote from: Malc on June 30, 2012, 11:18:33 PM
A fine job Mick. What are we going to vote on next?  ;D

Malc

maybe what vehicles (as in motor vehicles) we would like to see,,,,,,,,,,, the choice of vehicles is still shody for N then we can canvas oxford and other manufacturers see if it gives them ideas,,,

I like that idea.  :thumbsup:

H.

AndyGif

Quote from: H on July 01, 2012, 08:17:06 AM
Quote from: Fratton on June 30, 2012, 11:45:30 PM
Quote from: Malc on June 30, 2012, 11:18:33 PM
A fine job Mick. What are we going to vote on next?  ;D

Malc

maybe what vehicles (as in motor vehicles) we would like to see,,,,,,,,,,, the choice of vehicles is still shody for N then we can canvas oxford and other manufacturers see if it gives them ideas,,,

I like that idea.  :thumbsup:

H.
good plan, i need more variety in the 70's/80's period.

jagman

Thanks for all the hard work which has gone into this poll.
I do like the idea on a poll for Vehicles. I hope that these
results get to the attention of the manufactures so they
can see what N gauger's want.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Pete Mc on July 01, 2012, 12:05:14 AM
Doh,is anyone able to put up a rundown of the results because as I have a dead pc,I can only access the forum on my R2 unit telecommunications device(android phone) and after trying to download the files,it says file is not supported on phone and stops the download.I am only after the loco,dmu and electric results as steam and emu's aren't my bag.
Cheers in advance for this.

Pete
:Class37: :NGaugersRule:

Hi Pete,

Will send you a PM :thumbsup:

OwL

Excellent Work Nobby. I know you spent lots of your personal time on this and your commitment in producing the results is appreciated by most people on the Forum.  Your results are indeed splendid and thanks again for all your hard work and commitment and hopefully we could see certain manufacturers produce these desired models. :thumbsup:

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

Adam1701D

Well done, Nobby - most interesting reading.
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

apsheehan

Thanks for organising this, great result.

MinZaPint

As others have said great job NN and now the poll supports it can I please have my Schools?

I can't live with this one much longer!
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

Roy L S

Quote from: Karhedron on June 30, 2012, 10:30:09 PM
Interesting to note the Castle at #2 in the steam list. This was spectacularly missing from the list on the RMWeb poll despite my mentioning it to them. That accounts for one discrepancy at least.

Yes, a well done and thank you to Nobby from for me too.

A retooled 25 in the Diesel category was I think, always likely to score highly, and I suspect that given the existence of the Farish Class 24 already it likely to  both a realistic and viable proposition for Farish to produce.

On the other hand, personally I am hugely surprised that the Schools is the winner in the steam loco section, especially by such a huge margin, I would have expected the Castle to be much closer and the Unrebuilt Patriot ditto, both I would personally regards as more viable for a producer.

I am equally surprised and a bit disappointed that the K3 scored so badly, it is certainly the case that many people I have spoken to say they would love a RTR K3, yet it scored only a paltry two votes, I had expected it to be a far more popular choice, but clearly not amongst NGF Members:(

Oh well, I'd best get on and finish the 3D print of one that ATSO kindly arranged to have done for me.

Roy

port perran

A great jobdone here in collating what must have been a huge amount of data (and , I guess, it must sometimes have been a bit muddled).
Well done and thanks again.
A superb job.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Donkey

Great job NN  :thumbsup: Thank you for all of the time and effort you put into this!

Marty!

Newportnobby

Everyone's comments are much appreciated. Thank you.
Mostly it was just a recording/collating exercise but I did have help with the 'worm' department and even some of the steamers meant frequent reference to my old Combined Volumes, Observers books and Wickedpedia ???
Thanks to those who helped - you know who you are :wave:

It would be great to think we could have further future polls like this on road vehicles, rolling stock etc...........................................just don't ask me to do them please :smiley-laughing:

Mustermark

Those of use that didn't help one iota also know who I am too.

I will volunteer for the Road Vehicle poll... but probably not quite yet.  I think that would be a very interesting one to get off the ground, but I worry that the scope is fairly limitless, so i will give some thought how to organize it.

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

Gnep

Many thanks for doing this survey. For me, there are a few interesting insights:

1) In the Steam world, 4-4-0s are woefully under-represented by Dapol and Farish - and this result might give us something :)
2) Equally, anything Southern (or constituent parts) or GWR needs a boost - in fact I'd go further and say that there is more demand for both pre-grouping and pre-BR generally than I would have thought. There's been a good rush recently of LNER locos, but interestingly I find the LNER-liveried ones tend to sell out quicker at the box shifters (don't know whether this is due to quantities ordered from the manufacturers by retailers/fewer produced numbers, or due to higher demand...) - I get the feeling Dapol have picked up on this trend but Farish sticks to BR-black rather too much for my liking  :P
3) For EMUs, SWT is also absent from Dapol/Farish - hopefully this might change with the 450?
4) Below some clear "favourites," there is a lot of room for kits - but what may be needed are some good, cheap chassis options from the bigger manufacturers - especially 4-4-0s as mentioned above (either inside or outside-valved!) I know that "close enough" is better than perfect in my eyes - so needn't be a spot on match; I just want the flavour of the loco rather than a precise but very expensive model.

I think there could be an opportunity for someone to offer "detailing kits" for Union Mills locos - would this be possible sosomeone with my skill level of "hamfisted" can apply and paint?

Gnep

Pengi

Quote from: Gnep on July 02, 2012, 01:38:50 PM
Many thanks for doing this survey. For me, there are a few interesting insights:

3) For EMUs, SWT is also absent from Dapol/Farish - hopefully this might change with the 450?

Gnep

Southern and Southeastern are also absent from Farish/Dapol. At the moment, the only RTR current trains that feature on the old NSE region is the Cross Country Voyager and the Eurostar in 1:160 gauge.
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations