47 or 66??? model advice please

Started by bbdave, May 26, 2012, 07:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustermark

Quote from: Donkey on May 26, 2012, 10:33:08 PM
Can't comment on 66's but my green 47 looks and runs great.

Marty

My Blue 47 and my green FGW 47 are great runners.  Both are recent Farish models, nice detial too.

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

Skyline2uk

bbdave

Thanks a 66 has been ordered free postage to so all good thanks guys

Dave

bbdave

Surprise surprise they took the order but have no stock!!

Dave

Skyline2uk

Dave that is really rubbish of them! I hope they have not taken payment. I would cancell it ASAP just in case they wait until they get the loco back in and charge you full price.

I think thats against the rules, but you never know!

Skyline2uk

bbdave

Yep they took the money but i've asked for a re-fund they have offered a 10% discount but the pessimist in me thinks the good price is the hook for me to spend on a full price model now but they do have a 37 on offer so i'll see

Dave

I am a sucker for 47s and have 3 of the current Graham Farish design, as follows:

47458 | Large Logo Blue | converted from 47535
47569 | Parcels 'The Gloucestershire Regiment' | converted from 47474
47713 | ScotRail 'Tayside region' | part of CJM push-pull set

Obviously you don't have to go all out and run them through CJM or Mercig treatment, but I can really recommend the current Grafar 47 even as it comes.

For freight I would recommend considering 47403 'The Geordie' in BR Blue livery, if it isn't too far before your era. Allright, 47/4s are ETH-fitted and more commonly hauled passenger trains, but the BR Blue livery was very versatile on the 47 so you could exercise quite a bit of license!

I really hope we get a Railfreight triple grey version at some point, as that would be great for freight and the decals, depot plates, etc could be changed to reflect Distribution, Metals, Construction or Petroleum. Lets hope for 2013!

scruff

I have found a few photo's of the inter-city liveried 47 on freight workings so really its a case of whatever takes your fancy..

HTH

Mark

Skyline2uk

Dave,

FYI I was in Model Zone Chester today and they had a GF class 66 in Colas livery on display. It was full price, so are they being naughty with sale prices!?!

Skyline2uk

bbdave

I guess they could be anyhow i'll avoid them from now on

Dave

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations