Suspension of Electra Railway Graphics

Started by Adam1701D, April 11, 2013, 09:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam1701D

About time I shared what's happening with Electra on this august forum (though if you've been following my Facebook feed, you'll have a good idea).

I have been put in touch with a firm of printers who are able to take my artwork and print and cut it onto clear vinyl (including [printing in white). I have been to-ing and fro-ing some artworks and the results are, quite frankly, stunning. As a result, I have decided to outsource all my printing, leaving me more time to concentrate on development and modelling, rather than struggling with sheets of vinyl and cutting machines!

Price-wise, I should be able to keep things pretty much the same and I can still take small one-off jobs (though there may be an extra cost here). I'm still waiting to find out exactly how much the various bits will be.

Quality wise, it is a BIG step forward - the clear film for the windows allows me to add details like windscreen wipers, no smoking signs and window bars. It materis is much thinner than before and the white edges are hardly noticable now.

Here's a look at a 4-VEP...

Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Pengi

Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

scotsoft

Good to hear you have found a workable solution to your woes of recent  :thumbsup:

cheers John.

MJKERR

This development makes sense as it will probably be required for the latest coach bodies
However, the finer detail should be left to the modeller, unless there is an option to include / exclude them
I personally would exclude the window stickers as I add these to each coach individually, as they are often in differing locations or missing

Greybeema

Good to see you back Adam.  Our hobby needs people like you..  Thank You.. :claphappy:
:Class414:
Worlds Greatest Suburban Electric - Southern
(Sparky Arcy 3rd Rail Electrickery Traction)

My Layout on NGauge Forum:- http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=12592.msg154278#msg154278

Phil Hendry

Looking good Adam - that VEP looks great! It's nice when what appears to be a disaster turns into an opportunity to take a significant step forward.
I am not a complete lunatic - there are pieces missing!

Mustermark

Great news Adam.  The 4-VEP vinyls look great.

I shall be putting my order in shortly... :beers:

Quote from: Greybeema on May 13, 2013, 09:58:56 PM
Good to see you back Adam.  Our hobby needs people like you..  Thank You.. :claphappy:

Here, here. :claphappy:

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

EtchedPixels

Very nice indeed - I like the little no smoking signs. BTW if your friendly printer can do it you should be able to lose the white edge entirely by getting the white ink mask running almost but not quite to the colour edge. It will depend if their printing kit can do partial white layers or has to white under everything else or nothing.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

bridgiesimon

Adam, that looks superb, delighted to hear you are progressing, that sounds like a mega breakthrough!!!!
SImon

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations