The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Quote from: stevewalker on May 26, 2016, 11:43:48 PM

The NHS can either be really good or atrocious.

Ain't that the truth! They can turn a drama into a crisis or vice versa ::) In my experience the front line folks like nurses and surgeons who actually get their hands 'dirty' are wonderful whereas the rest are a waste of space.
Steve - I hope all goes well with the results and that your son, for whatever reason, has just had a one off episode of fitting. I was not aware a large percentage of the population suffered such a thing :dunce:

stevewalker

Quote from: newportnobby on May 27, 2016, 01:20:23 PM
Steve - I hope all goes well with the results and that your son, for whatever reason, has just had a one off episode of fitting. I was not aware a large percentage of the population suffered such a thing :dunce:

Thanks for that.

I was only aware that so many people had one off fits as I had one myself some years ago and learnt this at the time. At least in my case we knew the cause. I'd been suffering from severe and prolonged coughing for weeks and one episode caused a fit (cough syncope). The good thing is that I had been so ill that I'd not been able to do anything for days and with violent headaches due to coughing, so I know that I'd have to be very bad to be at any risk of it happening again.

stevewalker

Now very, very  :censored: with the NHS.

Today we were due to attend the hospital appointment for our eldest son (James). The appointment was for the results of a long awaited MRI scan and discussions of the possibilities and which way to go following his seizure and subsequent cardio-respiratory arrest (see previous posts).

To confuse matters, his younger brothers (Liam and Darragh) are still off school this week, while he is back and my parents are abroad, so no childcare. We decided that Darragh could come in with us, but that we didn't want Liam with us, as he finds it all quite upsetting. Hence we made arrangements for Liam to attend a music class for the day. That meant getting him there at 9:00, picking James up from school at 11:15, hospital appointment at 12:00 and picking-up Liam at 15:00.

My wife is also ill, suffering severe dizziness, so she couldn't do the music runs and I had to take the whole day off - unpaid  :( Just when finances are very tight, my hours are reduced and my wife's long term health problems (not the dizziness) mean that she is on very low sick pay and due to end up out of work in a couple of weeks.

As if that wasn't bad enough the hospital phoned at 10:05 and told us that the consultant is not in today and, due to human error, they forgot to tell any of his patients for today's clinic about it last week! So the whole day is wasted, I've lost desperately needed money and I'll still have to take even more time off for the re-arranged appointment  :'(

The good news is that they were able to tell us over the phone that the scan report says nothing was visible  :bounce: and they'll re-arrange the appointment for further discussions.

GaryAlan

I can relate to what you've said Steve, I'd be pretty mad too.  Good to hear the good news though, best wishes.

Gary
I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it left...

Newportnobby

Quote from: stevewalker on June 08, 2016, 11:29:53 AM

The good news is that they were able to tell us over the phone that the scan report says nothing was visible  :bounce: and they'll re-arrange the appointment for further discussions.

Glad there was some good news to emerge from the debacle, Steve, as the rest is just appalling and sums up the slackness of the appointments people who just don't think about who they're shuffling around. A couple of weeks ago I had an appointment on a Thursday with the team who collect the readings from my I.C.D. implant (note please I do not have an I.E.D. implant :no:), but then they sent me a letter asking me to see the consultant who actually did the implant operation on the next day, Friday. I rang the appointment line and told them I was unable to drive as I'd surrendered my licence for 6 months (a condition of having the I.C.D. fitted), that it was a 60 mile round trip to Blackpool and that I was reliant on a relative to get me there so could they let me see the consultant on the Thursday so it was just the one trip. The answer was 'No'. I then asked if the appointment with the team could be put back to the Friday and again the answer was 'No'. I told them to think again and call me back which, surprisingly, they did and I made just the one trip for the 2 appointments.
I have now filed a complaint against these backroom  :censored:
The guys and gals who do the actual work on the wards are fantastic but, well, you just have to think 'doctor's receptionist' to sum up the rest.
Rant over (until the next time)

David Asquith

Steve,  glad to hear you got some good(ish) news out of that administrative debacle.  I'm sure the acronym REMF
would have been used liberally in military, especially US, circles.  Life is not easy or fair to some people.  I hope things improve for your whole family.

Mick,  Some things don't change eh?  Glad commonsense prevailed in the end.

Best regards

Dave

Newportnobby

Quote from: Espantrainfan on June 08, 2016, 04:22:22 PM
I'm sure the acronym REMF would have been used liberally in military, especially US, circles.

Dave - I think the other one beginning with 'S' and ending in 'U' would describe things better.
I won't put the whole thing in the post in case the Mods take a dim view of it.

David Asquith

Yeah Mick you are right but mine caused yours.  Get it?

regards

Dave

austinbob

Last couple of days I updated my Windows phone (Lumia 930) to Windows 10.
I thought the update would remember all my 8.1 settings and after the update I would have a nice new phone with all the previous features plus a few more.
WRONG!!!!
I had to re log in to my Windows account and email account and reset just about everything. I was told I could get all my previous information from my backup in the 'cloud'
WRONG!!!!
All I managed to get was my contacts and a couple of other things.
Then I found that many of the apps I used, including the Microsoft ones, no longer worked or had to be updated....
OK did all that and everything was working but DIFFERENT!!! Everything was there but all the buttons/controls were in different places or called something different. Things appeared in different places, things had different fonts and sizes.
Nothing was really better just DIFFERENT!!!
So after 2 or 3 days I've pretty much got everything back to something like it was before.
Was the update to W10 worth it?? Definitely not - just a lot of unnecessary pain for nothing.
I expect that Microsoft will soon force everyone to update to W10. God help you all.. Or go buy an Android phone.
:censored: :veryangry: :censored: :veryangry:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Mito

Bad start to the week. My wife is disabled and we always park in a disabled zone. It was closed off by the police so we parked in a normal zone. Got back to the car to find a parking ticket. Parking is free for disabled people in this part of the world. I spoke to the ticket warden and her reply was "sorry can't do anything". My reply should have been "you can but don't want to" but I always think too late. Now we have to make a claim to have the fine canceled. A waste of time for us and the town hall. Disabled people have a tough enough time with out being harassed by petty bureaucracy and incompetence.
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

GeeBee

Having just had good news on PIP I now seem to be suffering the results of 8 weeks of extreme stress that went before the good news had the doctor out twice and he is now saying if I don't improve he will put me back in hospital  :veryangry: :censored: :veryangry:

GaryAlan

Someone asks a 'novice and simple' question on the forum which could be answered in a simple yes or no answer, and be done with, but no it turns into a 4 page 'tit for tat' about things that the original poster stated in his first post as 'not important'.  I wonder how many new modelers have been put off by this?
I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it left...

Newportnobby

Quote from: GeeBee on June 14, 2016, 11:36:26 PM
Having just had good news on PIP I now seem to be suffering the results of 8 weeks of extreme stress that went before the good news had the doctor out twice and he is now saying if I don't improve he will put me back in hospital  :veryangry: :censored: :veryangry:

Very sorry to hear that, Graham. I don't think the doc is being helpful there as he is adding to your stress with his threat ::)

Mito

Stress is very difficult to overcome. I manage at times by sitting in a comfortable chair and starting with my toes I try to relax them. When relaxed I slowly move up the body relaxing the muscles. At the same time I take deep slow breaths and on exhaling think relax. I find after 10 or 15 minutes I am much more relaxed and able to cope. If I relax too much I fall asleep. :sleep:
I hope this helps.
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

GeeBee

Quote from: Mito on June 15, 2016, 11:55:22 AM

Stress is very difficult to overcome. I manage at times by sitting in a comfortable chair and starting with my toes I try to relax them. When relaxed I slowly move up the body relaxing the muscles. At the same time I take deep slow breaths and on exhaling think relax. I find after 10 or 15 minutes I am much more relaxed and able to cope. If I relax too much I fall asleep. :sleep:
I hope this helps.

Thanks Mito, but the doctor has said if I fell sleepy I must go for a walk best I can manage on a good day 100 yds
this should be good
:hmmm:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations