The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pengi

Quote from: RST on March 07, 2015, 05:21:25 AM
"Deal or no deal" with Noel Edmonds -don't mind the guy at all but what a waste of 30'odd  mins this show is.  Pick a box and that's it isn't it?  2min job at the very most.  (Took me years to work out it's literally just pick a box, no wonder they don't explain the rules -there's no game there!!!!)
Fully agree - can't stand it
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

daveg

Quote from: Pengi on March 07, 2015, 10:25:33 AM
Quote from: RST on March 07, 2015, 05:21:25 AM
"Deal or no deal" with Noel Edmonds -don't mind the guy at all but what a waste of 30'odd  mins this show is.  Pick a box and that's it isn't it?  2min job at the very most.  (Took me years to work out it's literally just pick a box, no wonder they don't explain the rules -there's no game there!!!!)
Fully agree - can't stand it

Me too!

I'm still recovering from Mr Blobby! :worried:

Dave G

Bealman

Doesn't come on here, apparently thankfully.  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Agrippa

DOND one of the shows I love to hate!  All these chavs coming on with lucky number
systems, wailing when the big boxes go out, can't take my Gran to Disneyland now,
Noel Edmonds adding his hokey philosophy  trying to spin out a lucky dip.
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

steve836

Yeah I quite like it too. Its not the "game" so much as the interplay among the participants.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

railsquid

Good heavens, is Noel still around?  :goggleeyes:

Bealman

I was thinking that.... he was a DJ on Radio One when I was still there drinkin' Newcastle Exhibition for two bob a pint! Eek!

Is it him, a robot or a cardboard cutout with a battery sticky- taped in the back  :D

Agrippa

Quote from: Bealman on March 07, 2015, 11:13:25 AM
Is it him, a robot or a cardboard cutout with a battery sticky- taped in the back  :D

Hard to tell, but not much difference between them ........
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

jonclox

Came into this forum this morning and within 5 minutes was hit by a virus.
No problems I say and run AVG.
Sinse then Ive been hit by 15 viruses and its taken me nearly all day to loose them.
:-[   Before you ask................ .yes I am running the dreaded IE but normally I can cope with viruses
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Tom U

I am browsing with Firefox, and have ESET as virus protection. No flags or warnings at all.

jonclox

Ive got Firefox installed and use it occasionally but grew up with IE and use that mainly.

BTW am I right is saying viruses or should it be virii  :confused1: ?
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Lawrence

So the good lady and I travelled up to Inverness last night, we had booked a nice B&B for a couple of nights, planned to enjoy the town this morning and go watch Raith v Inverness in the cup this afternoon.  It was a bit wet and windy overnight but nothing (seemingly) major.  As we wandered round the town my brother called me to let me know the match was cancelled due to a waterlogged pitch.
So we then went in search of Inverness Model centre, what a waste of time, what was left of the shop was pretty much devoid of anything railway related, we were in there all of 30 secs.
And just to finish it all off I had been experiencing muscle spasms in my back and ended up in so much pain I had to go to Raigmore Hospital A&E where I was issued with lots of Diazepam.

So £120 for the B&B, about £50 for fuel, plus meals for one of the most disastrous weekends ever and we have the journey home tomorrow to look forward to in storm force winds and persistent heavy rain.
Fed up?  :censored: right I am  :veryangry:

Caz

Quote from: Lawrence on March 07, 2015, 06:28:11 PM

Fed up?  :censored: right I am  :veryangry:

Sorry to hear your tale of woe, now you know why I decided to live down here.   :)
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Newportnobby

Not a lot you can say about that weekend, Lawrence :(
Probably best not to ask how you got the back spasms on a dirty weekend away, though :) :no:
Gissa call when you're down from the ceiling, mate :laugh3:

Bealman

Bit of a shame, Lawrence, 'cos I was quite impressed with Inverness on my short lunchtime visit in 2013. Had a good feed in the J.D. Wetherspoons there. Hope your back's on the mend.  :thumbsup:

In the meantime, look what appeared just above my newly installed 3-bowl urinal fountain the other day.  :veryangry:
[smg id=22368 type=preview align=center width=400]
[smg id=22369 type=preview align=center width=400]
How dare it. :veryangry: Needless to say it didn't stay there long.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations