The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FeelixTC

Quote from: Agrippa on December 03, 2014, 01:32:46 PM
NPN, I see your point, but much of this section is about people bumping their gums
about the NHS, petrol prices , blah blah, etc which reads like the letters page in the
Daily Mail. The recent bowel thread became tedious and ended in a petty squabble
which has transferred to another thread!

Anyways it'll soon be time for festive moans about Xmas costs, queues in shops,
latest Farish locos not released in time for Santa's visit.

Are you unable to simply ignore boring threads?

DesertHound

Come on Agrippa - remember that World Cup thread in the summer and somebody objected to that because it wasn't railway related. We both said it was a good place to come and enjoy some footie talk for the period of the World Cup.

Whilst everything in the Angry Thread isn't my cup of tea either, I respect it as a place where people can post about anything they want. I think as a community on here we should have threads like this. If we read them, well that's up to us.

Do agree though, that Toy Town riot has gotten a bit out of hand.

Dan
Visit www.thefarishshed.com for all things Poole Farish and have the confidence to look under the bonnet of your locos!

Agrippa

OK, I'll haul up the white flag, just got a bit scunnered with all the orifice discussion.
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Bob Tidbury

To be honest if you don't aggree with a post don't follow it I for instance ignore any post about DCC for three reasons
1 I have to many older style Poole built Locos which are difficult to Modify.
2 I can't afford to change.
3 My memory is getting worse by the time I'd remember which loco was which number I'd have crashed.
But Just because I don't like DCC I won't leave the forum I just skip the posts and read what I want to .
What do you do if you don't like a program on TV you change channels or turn off you don't throw the Tele in the skip So let's be sensible and act like grown ups and put up with the odd things you don't like,
Bob

DesertHound

Quote from: Agrippa on December 03, 2014, 01:55:31 PM
OK, I'll haul up the white flag, just got a bit scunnered with all the orifice discussion.

:thumbsup:
Visit www.thefarishshed.com for all things Poole Farish and have the confidence to look under the bonnet of your locos!

mr bachmann

Arrrr, dam Slade , every shop you go in  :veryangry:

Alan

Tdm

Quote from: mr bachmann on December 03, 2014, 03:44:12 PM
Arrrr, dam Slade , every shop you go in  :veryangry:
Alan

I'll bet you will still sing along to it after a few drinks at your Xmas Party though - assuming you will be going to a Xmas Party.

The misses says we are holding a Party in our Apartment this Xmas Eve, so I'll have to get out all the Xmas CDs again soon, and will have to stay sober enough to act as DJ for the evening as I do have a decent Hi-Fi system to play them on. Must remember to invite all our near neighbours though so that they can't complain about the noise. Cue for another Slade song - "C'mon feel the noise"

mr bachmann

Quote from: Tdm on December 03, 2014, 10:25:13 PM
Must remember to invite all our near neighbours though so that they can't complain about the noise. Cue for another Slade song - "C'mon feel the noise"

better one would be "Lock up your daughters"  :D

Michael Shillabeer

De-icing my car this morning and a windscreen wiper fell off!

Worse still the little plastic piece that holds the blade to the arm disappeared into the darkness :(

Stopped at several petrol stations on the way to work and none of them sell windscreen wipers... I could buy a tall latte poncy coffee, but no wipers!!!

Got to work and it dawned on me, I could have borrowed the piece of plastic from the rear wiper!

Grrr
Michael

Geoff

Quote from: Michael Shillabeer on December 05, 2014, 08:10:13 AM

Worse still the little plastic piece that holds the blade to the arm disappeared into the darkness :(

Stopped at several petrol stations on the way to work and none of them sell windscreen wipers... I could buy a tall latte poncy coffee, but no wipers!!!

Got to work and it dawned on me, I could have borrowed the piece of plastic from the rear wiper!

Grrr
Michael

Worse time of the day for that to happen your mind is never in the right place when you need to get somewhere fast.

On Monday I went to work and forgot my butties lol had to turn round and pick them up.
Geoff

Tdm

Grrr
Michael

What is Ice? - I though it was what you put in your spirit drinks, and what are windscreen wipers for, other than removing the sand that is sometimes dropped on us that comes from the Sahara Desert?.   :D ;D

Sprintex

Ice is that strange stuff that magically disappears when you get in your 13 year old car and switch on the Heated Front Windscreen 8)

Funny but the 24 year old car in the garage has one too - don't all cars have them then? ;D

Paul

mark100

Grrr
Michael
My late Grand Parents, Parents, In law Parents all tell/told me off for throwing hot water over icy windscreens, I've been doing it for over 30 years without a crack appearing or any other problem. then I switch the wipers on and clear the excess away. But whilst my leg is in plaster for a few more weeks, I wont have to worry about Cars or Motor Bikes or Ice.

Mark
You cant get better than a Betta Fish

longbridge

Just noticed there is 3379 replies to the Angry Thread  :veryangry: and 1933 replies to the Happy Thread  :claphappy: conclusion is there must be a whole lot more angry people out there than happy ones  :D
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

MikeDunn

You sound very happy about that ... ... you sure you're in the right thread ?  :veryangry:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations